The Walt Disney World Resort is best known as a kid friendly and family oriented vacation spot for many. So, it’s no surprise that it’s also a great place for adults to vacation too. One of the best things about Disney World for adults is the dining. It’s top notch. From fine dining for romantics and foodies to casual fare for friends and family, dining at Disney World provides a variety of great dining options sure to suit everyone’s tastes. In my opinion, many of the best restaurants on property are located in the resort hotels.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of what I consider to be the top 10 best resort dining locations for adults. I’ve included buffets and casual dining as well as upscale restaurants—you’re sure to find a few places that you’ll love.
10. Cape May Cafe – Located at the Beach Club Resort, this casual buffet is a seafood lover’s dream. With all-you-care-to-eat crab legs, steamed clams and mussels and a variety of other delicious New England seafood inspired dishes, you’ll be saying “chowdah” before you know it! This is a terrific spot for a meal out with family and friends. Word of warning though, it is a bit messy.
9. Turf Club Bar & Grill – Located at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, this table service location offers casual fare at reasonable prices. It’s the perfect spot to grab dinner or drinks with the gang after a day of golfing at the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course or a relaxing afternoon at the spa. With a lake view and quiet outdoor seating, this location has a clubhouse feel to it, and the food also reflects that theme. Check out their house made Saratoga Chips, onion rings and their mint juleps.
8. Narcoossee’s – Nestled on the Seven Seas Lagoon at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa this location has to be one of the most romantic spots at the Walt Disney World Resort. With panoramic views of the Magic Kingdom Fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant, this restaurant truly doesn’t have a bad view. And the food is pretty spectacular too! If you’re a seafood lover, this is an exceptional location. And don’t forget to check out their amazing desserts, coffee, and loose-leaf teas. It’s the perfect romantic ending to a meal.
7. Citricos – As equally impressive as Narcoosee’s, this fine dining experience (also located in the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) is Mediterranean inspired. If you are a fan of wines, Citricos has an award-winning wine list and wine pairings sure to elevate any meal. If you’re looking for an extra special dining experience, this location has a Chef Tasting Wine Dinner and a Private Dining Room.
6. Artist Point – Located in the Wilderness Lodge Resort, this is perhaps my favorite restaurant for a quiet, intimate meal. There is something very calming in the arts & crafts style and ambiance of this restaurant. Inspired by the Pacific Northwest, I highly recommend the salmon, the buffalo strip steak and anything seasonal. Wine drinkers will appreciate the 130 different wines from the Pacific Northwest. After your meal take a romantic stroll throughout the resort and enjoy the beautiful wooded scenery.
5. Jiko – Located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House, Jiko offers an impressive array for the senses. From deliciously prepared food, the exceptional selection of South African wines (one of the largest in North America), to the subtly changing lighting in the restaurant (which is set to mimic the African sunset), Jiko is an excellent location for a romantic meal. Foodies will also appreciate the open kitchen and the weekly wine tastings. I highly recommend the Taste of Africa appetizer and the Oak-grilled filet mignon. Vegetarians and vegans will find quite a few options here, as well.
4. ‘Ohana – ‘Ohana means family, and this restaurant, located at the Polynesian Resort is a terrific spot for a grown-up family gathering. With a Hawaiian-style feast dinner, enjoy oak grilled shrimp, beef, chicken and pork brought to your table on skewers. Not to be missed are the other accompaniments, including salad, noodles, and dumplings. Don’t forget to save room for dessert—‘Ohana’s bananas foster bread pudding is out-of-this-world! Enjoy a cocktail or two? The Tambu Lounge next door serves up some of the best. I recommend the Lapu Lapu while you wait for your table.
3. Sanaa – Another terrific dining experience for adults can be found at Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village. This location remains a hidden gem for fine dining. With reasonably priced meals and exceptional quality, Sanaa continues to be one of my favorite restaurants on property. East African inspired food will remind you of a spice market—Indian and Africa inspired flavors are found in all of the dishes. This is also another great place for vegetarians and vegans. The decor and view are spectacular. Situated on the Savanna of Kidani Village, you can see over 30 species of animals including zebras and giraffes. Now that’s a wild dining experience!
2. California Grill – When it comes to an amazing view, no restaurant has a better one than California Grill. Situated on the 15th floor of the Contemporary Resort, guests must take a private elevator to get to this elegant and upscale restaurant. If you are dining there during the evening fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, you’ll be treated to a real sight—a panoramic view of the Magic Kingdom with fully piped in music from the Fireworks show itself. This is one of the best locations for special occasions—from birthdays to anniversaries and even wedding proposals. And the food is just as spectacular. With a recent re-model of the location (set to open in the Fall of 2013), this restaurant will prove to be even more magical.
And the #1 spot…
1. Victoria & Albert’s – This is the crème de la crème, the coup de grace of all Disney restaurants for adults. This is THE place for fine dining on property. As a AAA Five Diamond Award recipient since 2000, Victoria & Albert’s offers a luxurious meal sure to satisfy your taste buds. From truffles to Kobe beef, this location has the premium of all premium ingredients. But, be prepared—it comes at a price. Prices begin at around $125 per person for a 3+ course meal. Formal dress is also required, but makes for an elegant dining experience. This is a special occasion location at its best—hands down the best spot for wedding proposals, anniversaries, and birthdays.
Whether you’re looking for a night out without the kids, a romantic evening for couples, or a fun-filled get together with friends, there a plenty of amazing resort restaurant locations for adults to choose from at the Walt Disney World Resort.
What are your favorite spots for adult dining at the resorts?
When Sarah isn’t sharing planning tips about the Walt Disney World Resort, you can find her at Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW where she writes dining reviews and shares tips and tricks about dining at Disney with a special diet.
- Disney Dining: Outside the Parks (disneydining.com)
- Disney World’s Victoria & Albert’s named Orlando’s most iconic restaurant by Zagat (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Sarah N (see all)
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party with a Special Diet - September 10, 2014
- Food Allergy & Celiac Convention Comes to Disney World on November 22, 2014 - September 10, 2014
- 2014 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Gluten Free Options - August 11, 2014