Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
You can find this resort in the Animal Kingdom area. Since it is a “lodge”, the rooms are enclosed in one huge building that encircles the savanna. Yes, savanna. You can view animals, mainly at dusk, from various spots in the resort. You can even stay in a savanna view room. Transportation from this resort is Disney buses, making it slightly different from Disney’s monorail Deluxe resorts.
There are 972 rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Guest accomodations may include a room with a king size bed, two queen size beds, or a queen bed and a set of bunk beds. All rooms are equipped with a pack and play portable crib, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, and more.
You can book a safari tour directly from Animal Kingdom Lodge, or engage in some pool time with the kids. Also, there are daily fun activities, such as making masks or other crafts for the kids along with Simba’s Clubhouse, a fitness area, and Pumbaa’s Fun and Games Arcade.
Some other “tips” to keep in mind at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- You can find a quick service dining restaurant, Mara, to use your meal credits. They have yummy flatbreads and a few authentic African dishes as well. This is a spacious seating area, too, and is located a few steps from the main pool.
- Transportation to all parks from this resort is by bus. You’ll want to take this into account when making ADRs and getting to the parks in time for events or rope drop.
- The decor is gorgeous, making this my favorite Deluxe Resort based on decor alone. The only draw back we had was that there was (obviously), no monorail transportation like you have at the other Deluxe tier resorts. However, our room was spacious and we had a great view of the pool.
- Something unique here is the animal themed water playground for kids-Uwanja Camp. Pulleys, squirting gardens, and water canons are there for the kids to enjoy.
- Boma, one of Disney’s most popular table service restaurants is located at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
This resort is full of warmth, African themes, and a unique experience all around. You truly feel transported to Africa when you step into this resort. I hope you and your family will consider it for your next Disney vacation.
Overall, we give Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge an “A+”!
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!