Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is located in the Magic Kingdom area. This is the flagship Disney resort, a classy resort with a Victorian flair. The rooms are very spacious and are located within six different buildings on the property. This resort has beautiful beaches, located right on the Seven Seas Lagoon. It is also the site of many weddings at Disney and is a wonderful resort to stay at when you want luxury, convenience, and class combined with Disney magic.
This resort has a variety of rooms. They range in one king, two queens, or two queens and a junior day bed. This resort boasts little extras, like turn down service and chocolates on your pillow. Our Mousekeeper even filled our ice bucket for us so we had some waiting for us after a long hot day at the parks. You can’t go wrong with any view while at Disney’s Grand Floridian. You’ll overlook one of the pools, the Seven Seas Lagoon, or maybe even Cinderella’s Castle. You can watch a movie on the beach, take in Wishes from the boat dock, or enjoy the Electrical Water Pageant from this resort.
Some other tips to keep in mind at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort:
- For easy, quick access to the Magic Kingdom, board the monorail. MK is the first stop. Upon returning to your resort, take the boat transporation, as GF is the first stop.
- The resort only uses bus service to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, and Animal Kingdom. You’ll take the monorail to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom.
- There are two pools, one being very kid friendly. It is zero entry and has a fun water slide for the kids to enjoy.
- This resort has an air of elegance about it. It is a pleasure to stay here, and it is themed in the Alice in Wonderland, Victorian era. If you are looking for a highly “kid friendly” theme, then this resort probably isn’t for you. It is a family friendly resort, however the theming is romantic and elegant.
- You can watch Wishes AND the Electrical Water Pageant from the boat dock outside Narcoosee’s. Narcoosee’s pipes the music from the Wishes soundtrack, so you can enjoy that while watching the fireworks.
- Easy access to popular character dinners-Chef Mickey’s, Ohana, Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Show, and Whispering Canyon are a short monorail or boat ride from the Grand Floridian.
You have several dining options here at the Grand Floridian.
- Fine/Signature Dining: Narcoosee’s is found here, and is one of the very popular restaurants on Disney property. Citricos is located inside the main building, and is a Mediterranean style restaurant. Third, you have Victoria and Albert’s. This is a classy, Victorian inspired location. Perfect for a special occasion!
- Character Dining: 1900 Park Fare is where you will find Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, and their friends at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Lounges/Casual Dining: Citricos, Mizner’s, and Grand Floridian Cafe will all be great choices. You can enjoy a drink after a day in the parks, or some casual family dining.
- Quick Service: Gasparilla Island Grille, Beach Pool Bar, and Courtyard Pool Bar are your locations for using your quick service credits or snack credits.
Staying at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Day Spa will be nothing short of a magical experience. This classic Disney resort will be the setting for a fabulous vacation, a pampering experience, and Disney magic at is best!
Overall, we give Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa an “A+”!
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- 101 Dalmatians Diamond Edition Sensational Dalmatian-al Sweepstakes - January 25, 2015
- Need tickets to Disney World? Check out these offers! - January 24, 2015
- Disney Finds – Disney Parks 2015 Collection - January 23, 2015