Have you ever tried to narrow a trip to Disney World down to your Top Ten Must Do items? Wow, it’s harder than you would think! I have no idea how Staci does it on her Walt Disney World in Room TV show. Here is my attempt at narrowing down my list to just 10 items. See if you agree with me…
1. Dumbo the Flying Elephant – I mean, you have to. It’s iconic and symbolizes all things Disney. There is even a Dumbo car at the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Have you seen it? I am so glad Dumbo now has 2 sides and a fun play area.
2. Disney World Mountain Coasters – Ok, I am going to cheat a little here – the “Mountains” at Magic Kingdom – Splash, Thunder, and Space. They are the trifecta of rides. You must do them all. Which one if your favorite Mountain Coaster?
3. The Festival of the Lion King – this show gives me chills everytime. They always have some amazing singers that can really belt out that first… Nants ingonyama bagithi baba from the Circle of Life song. Yep, I had to look it up. Don’t forget Festival of the Lion King will be reopening at their new location later this year.
4. Expedition Everest – I can only do this ride once a day, but I love it. The line is just as fantastic as the ride. I feel like I am at Base Camp getting ready for a trip. The Yeti, going backwards, screaming…I love it.
5. Soarin’ – If you haven’t been on this ride, you need to run there first on your next trip. So many people skip Epcot because they say it’s “boring”. I would go for just this ride.
6. Talk Time with Crush – I haven’t seen an experience like this anywhere. My daughter still remembers when Crush told her how cool she was because her favorite food is ribs. It’s different every time and Crush talks from the screen to his audience. It is so unique and unlike anything else even at Disney. I still can’t figure out how they do it.
7. Tower of Terror – the themeing of this ride is unparalleled. You are in the Bates Motel. It’s creepy, the cast members are always unnerving, and the adrenline pumps the second you get in line because you know what is coming. I hate drop rides, but I scare myself silly on this one because it’s worth it!
8. Star Tours – Disney has made this ride one that you can do a dozen times in a day because it’s different every time. This is a must for all Star Wars fans. It’s a simulator ride, so if those make you sick…beware.
9. Ok, cheating a little bit again – World Showcase at Epcot. There are lots of fun ways that you can tour the Showcase countries. You can visit the Kidcot station in each country and learn something new in each place like how to spell your name in Chinese… OR, you can try a dessert in each country (totally fun). OR you could drink your way through the World Showcase. Let me know if you live to tell about that – there are some pretty potent drinks at Epcot. Ever been to the Food and Wine Festival??
10. Main Street Electrical Parade – This is my absolute FAVORITE thing in all of Disney. For some reason, the warm night air, sparkling lights, and festive feeling of the parks in the dark gets me every time. It’s a feeling…the reason that I love it so much. A feeling that touches me right in the ticker. It makes me misty every time and a trip to Disney isn’t complete until I sit criss cross applesauce under the rope on Main Street. It is spectacular.
What are your favorites? Which one is left off that makes you say “How Could You?!” Let me know!
Cameron is a Disney Specialist with Destinations to Explore, an Authorized Disney vacation planner. Book your trip with Cameron – here services are 100% free and you will receive cool emails weekly about what not to miss on your trip! email@example.comHundreds of New Arrivals at Disney Store! Shop Now!
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Cameron (see all)
- Disney Quick Tip – Be thoughtful when emailing your child’s teachers and school. - January 6, 2015
- What to do when it’s COLD at Disney! - August 27, 2014
- Create pixie dust in the Disney Parks, pay it forward. - June 19, 2014