The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is located on Sunset Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The premier thrill ride of all of Walt Disney World will have thrill seekers coming back for more. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror sure is a journey into the 5th dimension. The queue for this attraction is fabulously themed! You’ll immediately feel as if you are in the old Hollywood Hotel, and that something mysterious is going on! Before you know it, you are guided to the hotel’s “boiler room” where you board your ride vehicle-the elevator headed straight to the 13th floor! EEEEK!!
- You begin by winding around a long queue line that bring you right through the front entrance of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
- When you enter the elevator, which is essentially your ride vehicle, you will experience anywhere from 6-8 drops (and lifts) in the short 2 and a half minute ride length.
- This is not a ride for those who get motion sickness or are afraid of heights, enclosed spaces, or the dark.
- Rider Switch is available for this attraction, as is FastPass. It’s a great attraction to ride first thing upon arriving at the park and/or securing a FastPass earlier in the day.
- The height requirement for Tower of Terror is 40 inches.
While touring the Sunset Boulevard area of Hollywood Studios, take a look at the Tower of Terror. You might catch a glimpse of the passengers when the elevator doors open! While this is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World, it is not for the faint of heart.
Quick Tip: If you change your mind at the last minute, let the cast member know before you board the elevator. They will gladly help you to the exit, which is located near the elevators.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A+”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Disney Wine Charms - October 1, 2015
- New Menu Debuts today at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café in the Magic Kingdom - October 1, 2015
- Downtown Disney Officially Becomes Disney Springs withEnticing New Dining and Exciting Retail Experiences - October 1, 2015