Dumbo the Flying Elephant is the classic Disney attraction….with a super cute makeover and TWO sets of flying elephants! The 1941 classic Disney movie flies above the new Fantasyland, just past Goofy’s Great Goofini and Casey Jrs. Splash Station. Guests have two options here: FastPass or enjoy the interactive queue and be paged when it’s your turn to board a flying elephant. Either way, you can enjoy parts of Storybook Circus while you wait.
- If you choose FastPass, you’ll enter through the left carousel and queue. If you choose to wait in the circus tent, you’ll be given a pager which holds your place in line.
- Parents can have a seat on the bleachers in the air conditioned tent while children enjoy slides, climbing nets, and more until it’s their turn.
- Guests in a wheelchair must transfer. This ride is gentle, and excellent for the whole family.
- There is a stationary Dumbo located outside the ride. This makes an excellent photograph area!
- You can control how high your elephant flies with a joystick. Children under 7 need to ride with someone 14 years or older.
Ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant at night, and you’ll enjoy colorful lights and sounds! It’s a much different experience during the night. There are characters you can meet across from Dumbo the Flying Elephant, in Pete’s Silly Sideshow.
Quick Tip: The Dumbo carousels turn in opposite directions-one goes counter clockwise while the other goes clockwise. Try riding via the FastPass and then during the interactive queue to enjoy different views of the Storybook Circus area.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A+”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!