Soarin’ is a wildly popular and wildly fun attraction that came to Epcot from Disney’s California Adventure (where it is fittingly called “Soarin’ Over California”). You board a seated glider in this aviating adventure over the sights and sounds of some of California’s most beautiful and most memorable landmarks. You will find yourself swept up in the wonder of it all. I can’t imagine anyone stepping off of this ride and not wanting to hop right back on again!
- Hit it first in the morning and you should be able to Fast Pass as well as hop on once with a minimum wait. The Fast Passes often sell out for this ride and I have seen the line over 100 minutes long in busy seasons!
- Soarin’ does utilize FastPass and Rider Switch. If you need to wait out either of those options, you can visit the Circle of Life, Seas with Nemo and Friends, or Imagination with Figment. Another option would be to grab something to eat at Sunshine Seasons.
- The entire queue for Soarin’ is located indoors. Therefore, if you have a long wait, you’ll be out of the heat.
- Soarin‘ utilizes sensory details as well. If you are sensitive to smells, you may want to be prepared for the luscious scent of oranges as you fly over the California orange groves!
- Even if you are prone to motion sickness, you may still want to experience Soarin’. Maybe take some motion sickness medication to ensure you will enjoy Soarin’ at its fullest. The ride is very gentle.
Soarin’ is a “must do” and is a wildly popular attraction at Walt Disney World Resort. You won’t want to miss it! It may be a great attraction to enjoy several times if possible. The sweeping winds, fragrant oranges, and fantastic fireworks display “live” from Disneyland will make this one of your favorites!
Quick Tip: Consider visiting Soarin‘ first thing in the morning, or during Illuminations. These could prove to be less wait times.
Overall, we give Soarin’ an “A+”.