Fastpasses are available at many attractions at Disney World, but how do you determine which ones will be the most useful or which ones to grab early on and which ones can wait til later in the day? Lucky for you I am here to give you my opinion on the top five best ways to use your fastpasses!
Here is a brief rundown of the fastpass system: Fastpass is a free perk offered to all park guests. When you arrive at a fastpass attraction simply head to the distribution area, insert you park pass into the machine and a fastpass will be printed. The fastpass return time will be clearly displayed so check this out before inserting your park pass to ensure you are able to return. The fastpass you receive will show the time you may return to ride the attraction with little wait. The return window, which is an hour, on your fastpass is enforced so come back on time. You may only get one fastpass per each park pass at a time. Printed on your fastpass ticket will also be the time you can get another fastpass. When you return to ride you may enter through the fastpass return lane.
Here is my list of attractions that you should get a fastpass for as soon as possible! These rides often have quick building lines and often run out of fastpasses by mid day.
1. Toy Story Midway Mania. This attraction is located in Hollywood Studios and it is one of the most sought after rides in the entire park. If your party intends to incorporate Toy Story into your day without waiting 90 or more minutes, get a fastpass right away!
2. Soarin‘: Soarin’ is a family friendly attraction, which means nearly everyone wants to ride! Located in the Land Pavilion at Epcot, lines for this attraction build from the moment the gates open. 120 minute waits are not uncommon. A good plan here is to head over a rope drop, ride Soarin’ and then grab a fastpass for later on your way out.
3. Expedition Everest:Located in Asia at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, this is one of the biggest thrill rides on property; therefore it generates a lot of traffic. Getting a Fastpass for this attraction is a must.
4. Space Mountain: This mountain is located in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. I find this attraction to build longer lines than the other two Magic Kingdom Mountains; Big Thunder and Splash. Because of this I believe Space to be one of the best uses of your fast pass, though Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain are very close behind.
5. Splash Mountain: This is one of the most popular attractions at the Magic Kingdom. It is less likely for Splash to run out of fast passes than Space Mountain which is why I feel it has earned a spot below its tomorrowland counterpart. However, especially in the heat, this ride can get long lines. I feel this is a very good use of the fast pass system and would suggest getting a fastpass for this ride and then heading over to Big Thunder Mountain to wait in the Stand by line so long as the standby wait is under 40 minutes. If the wait time is over 40 minutes at Big Thunder, tour some other nearby attractions before riding Splash and obtaining a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain.
Do you agree with my list? What are some of your must fastpass attractions?
- Walt Disney World launches ‘My Disney Experience’ app offering wait times, dining reservations, future NextGen Fastpass (chipandco.com)
- Fastpass Enforcement (passporterboards.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Jess (see all)
- Have you tried this? Pick a pearl in Epcot - May 30, 2015
- Visiting Walt Disney World Solo - January 14, 2015
- The Disney Royal Treatment – A Look at Port Orleans Riverside - September 18, 2013