Space Mountain stands among the three mountains at Walt Disney World. Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain are known as the “three mountains” on Disney property. Space Mountain is located in Tomorrowland, and is a “must do” on everyone’s touring plan! As you make your way to the boarding area, be ready to blast off on this high speed coaster through space! You’ll go up an 180 foot mountain, and then you’re on your space mission!
- This attraction brings long lines throughout the day. It’s best to go straight to Space Mountain upon entering the park. You can ride stand by right away, and secure a FastPass to use later on in your day.
- Riders should be 44 inches tall to ride. It can be very fast, and somewhat “scary” for children. Prepare them by watching videos of it, or looking at pictures.
- When riding the Tomorrowland People Mover, you will catch a glimpse of the inside of Space Mountain.
- Make sure you are in good health before riding Space Mountain, and expectant mothers shouldn’t ride.
Quick Tip: This ride offers RiderSwap and Fastpass. If you choose to utilize those, visit the Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, or cool off in the misting fountains while you wait.
Overall, we give this Disney attraction an “A+”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Find – Mickey and Minnie Mouse Tote - April 1, 2015
- Disney cancels partnership with Coca-Cola, signs agreement with Pepsi. - April 1, 2015
- Disney Finds – Spot it! Frozen Edition Games - March 31, 2015