This Magic Kingdom ride is located in Frontierland, next to the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Just listen for the screams and whoosh of water. Splash Mountain is a water log plume ride based on Disney’s 1946 Song of the South. After boarding the 8 person log you will be treated to twists and turns which follow the story of Br’er Rabbit. Br’er Rabbit leaves home to find his “Laughing Place”. He is followed by his enemies Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox. There are animatronic scenes, small dips and a familiar soundtrack. This ride features “Ev’rybody’s Got a Laughing Place” and “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah”. The finale begins as your log plume descends a 52.5 foot drop at 40 miles an hour. The ride drops you into Br’er Rabbit’s “Laughing Place”, his own peaceful, tranquil home.
- This ride has restrictions for expectant mothers and those with health problems.
- You must be 40″ tall to ride and children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult. Parents can take advantage of Ride Swap on Splash Mountain.
- This is a FASTPASS attraction with long waits so plan on hitting nearby Frontierland attractions while you wait.
- There is a small play area located in the shade, near the entrance/exit to Splash Mountain. This is a fun place to entertain the little ones if you’ve taken advantage of RiderSwap.
- Note that the entrance/FastPass Lane/Exit area of Splash Mountain can be very crowded. Be sure to keep your party together!
Splash Mountain is a Disney “Must Do” for Magic Kingdom visitors. The ride is about 15 minutes long and is both indoors and outdoors as it goes through Splash Mountain. There are some dark areas which may be scary to small children. There is a very good chance you will get wet. Want to get really wet? Sit up front and on the right. Want to stay dry? Sitting in the back helps. There are ponchos sold in gift shops to help avoid getting soaked. At the end of the ride you will have the option to purchase a photograph of your log plume’s drop.
Quick Tip: Time your ride for during the fireworks for even more thrills.
Overall this ride is an A+.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Disney and Google Offer Fans Extraordinary Interactive Experiences To Awaken the Force Within! - November 23, 2015
- Disney Springs Celebrates its First Christmas Season - November 22, 2015
- Pop Up Santa to Take Place During ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas! - November 21, 2015