While most of the rides and shows at Walt Disney World offer detailed, immersive experiences and magical memories, not all Disney attractions are created equal. This is especially true of the park attractions which haven’t really changed after a decade or so of operation.
Now in Disney’s defense, there are a lot of rides and shows to keep up with; and Disney often refurbishes and updates when they can, but there are a few that seem to slip through the cracks which I think Disney could really do a lot with.
5. Ellen’s Universe of Energy-This Epcot Future World attraction has been outdated and a bit of snooze for quite sometime. I think that when Disney guests begin to consider this ride as a prime napping spot when visiting the parks, it’s time for a change. Epcot’s Future World is in need of TLC and renewed creativity; and I say the Universe of Energy would be a great place to start. Maybe they could incorporate some of Walt’s original vision of Epcot into an attraction? What do you think?
4. Muppetvision 3D-Who doesn’t love the Muppets, right? Lately, the Muppets have been making a comeback and I think it’s the perfect time to give the dated Muppet 3D show at Hollywood Studios a renovation! There’s so much to work with when it comes to the Muppets, especially with a new Muppet film in the works. I know I would enjoy seeing something fresh and new in the Muppet’s corner of Hollywodo Studios.
3. Backlot Tour-Another Hollywood Studios that could benefit from an update would be the Backlot Tour. This attraction is one of the park’s original opening day rides and I think it has really been lacking as of late. For one, the opening show is still themed around the film Pearl Harbor, which hasn’t been considered new in nearly a decade. Secondly, the boneyard of old movie props is really not that entertaining and definitely below Disney standards; and Catastrophe Canyon, while still pretty cool, has been offering the same effects since 1989. There is so much that Disney could do with this ride and space!
2. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway-To be honest, this Indy inspired speedway, tucked between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, has never made much sense to me. It really doesn’t belong in either land and could really benefit from a stronger Disney theme or storyline. Ever since I heard about Cars Land at Disneyland’s California Adventure, I’ve been wanting our own version at WDW; and I think this could be the perfect spot.
1. The Great Movie Ride-Another Hollywood Studios original, The Great Movie Ride showcases audio-animatronic scenes from classic films ranging from the vintage Hollywood classics like Footlight Parade to sci-fi thriller Alien. Most people visiting the parks, especially kids and teens, haven’t seen most of these movies, except for Mary Poppins, Indiana Jones, and the Wizard of Oz, of course. While I know Hollywood Studios is all about the golden era of filmmaking, I don’t think inserting some relatable movies and new special effects would be much of an effort; and would really breathe some fresh air into this great Hollywood Studios space!
Which Disney rides and shows are on your refurbishment wish list?
- Free or Inexpensive Activities and Events Around Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Activities: Best Ways to End the Day at Hollywood Studios (aglassslippervacation.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot - December 5, 2014
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting Disney World during the holidays - November 29, 2014
- Top 10 Disney World “Must Do’s” - November 27, 2014