The Studio Backlot Tour is located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the Streets of America. This action packed, informative tour of the “backlot” gives guests an inside look at special effects and film artifacts. Keeping in the theme of “studios” at the Hollywood Studios theme park, the Studio Backlot tour is one you won’t want to miss. In fact, it’s very close to the Great Movie Ride-you can get your movie fix two attractions in a row!
- This is a two part attraction. The first part is a walking tour where you can see lots of Disney film props. You will see different (and ever changing) film artifacts from movies such as Narnia, Indiana Jones, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, as well as some TV shows and films from some of Disney’s other studios.
- For the second part of your tour you will climb aboard a tram and view the Earful Tower, Walt Disney’s airplane, Herbie the Love Bug and other fun props and scenes.
- Keep in mind that this is a 35 minute attraction and does not offer Fast Pass. It is also not always open for all of the parks hours. Most of the time you can begin the walking tour in 15 minutes or less, but as the park crowds up so can this tour!
- There is no height requirement for this attraction, and it is wheelchair and ECV accessible.
- The attraction lasts about 25 minutes, so if you are waiting out a FastPass, then this could take up some time and entertain everyone all at the same time!
If you want to be part of the opening scene at Harbor Attack demonstration, make sure you let a Cast Member know-and be sure to arrive early. After the Harbor Attack, you’ll enter the queue area and board a tram for the remainder of your time.
Quick Tip: Some of the vehicles you see in the Boneyard section of the tour are from the Indiana Jones Movies. Also, be on the lookout for some of the props and drawings from Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- 101 Dalmatians Diamond Edition Sensational Dalmatian-al Sweepstakes - January 25, 2015
- Need tickets to Disney World? Check out these offers! - January 24, 2015
- Disney Finds – Disney Parks 2015 Collection - January 23, 2015