Have you ever wondered if there are free or inexpensive activities and events around Walt Disney World? There are plenty of options for days you don’t have park tickets or things you can do after your day at the parks.
Here is a list of some free or inexpensive activities and events around Walt Disney World:
- Movie Under the Stars– Complimentary movie screenings are available to guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The location depends on your resort, but is either poolside, on the beach, or in the woods.
- Horse-drawn Carriage Rides– You can take in a beautiful scenic landscape on a timeless journey. You can choose from 2 routes: Ride through the lush pine and cypress trees of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, or travel along the charming pathways of Port Orleans — Riverside and the banks of the Sassagoula River. Carriages hold up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 small children).
- Chip ‘n Dale’s Campfire Sing-a-long– At the campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, you can roast marshmallows, sing songs and share hugs with Chip ‘n Dale! After you enjoy the gooey goodness of s’mores, you can croon along to old-time favorites led by a guitar-playing cowboy, as Chip ‘n Dale visit for photos, autographs, smiles and fun.
- Wagon Rides– You can take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride on a scenic tour through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, wagon rides depart daily at 7:00 PM and 9:30 PM (weather permitting) from the front of Pioneer Hall.
- Fishing– You can fish the old-fashioned way in well-stocked waters. Casting-rod fishing gear can be rented from the Bike Barn at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. For traditional cane-pole fishing, visit the Fishin’ Hole at Old Man Island at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—Riverside. Please note, all fishing at Walt Disney World Resort is catch-and-release only.
- Disney’s Boardwalk – Located just between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Boardwalk is a great place to walk around, shop, rent a surrey bike, or just kick back and relax. Keep in mind there is no direct transportation to other resorts from here so you will need to seek transport at HS or EP.
What is your favorite free or inexpensive thing to do at Disney World?
Siera is an authorized Disney vacation planner with Destinations in Florida. She also shares the latest Disney news on Chip and Co. When Siera isn’t helping plan Disney vacations, you can find her spreading magic on Facebook and Twitter.
- Is There Fishing at Walt Disney World? (chipandco.com)
- Boating around Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News to your inbox! You can find us online on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Also be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!