Top 10 Adult Activites at Walt Disney World
For those of you who think Walt Disney World is “just for kids”, thank again! There is plenty to do for adults too, including:
- Water sports: You can go water skiing, jet-skiing, rent a boat (motorboats, or pedal boats and canoes for the more physically inclined), and even go para-sailing at several WDW resorts
- Sample some world-class cuisine: WDW has become very famous for it’s food, from delicious pastries and baked goods to 5 star cuisine and foods from all over the world, it truly is a dining experience like no other (It’s not just burgers and fries like you might expect at a theme park, although if you really want a burger, they have some super delicious ones!)
- Go on a “Beer Tour” around Epcot: The Epcot World Showcase features countries and their cultures, traditions, foods, and drinks. Each country serves ‘adult beverages’ you would find if you were actually visiting that country, and going from place to place sampling the native drinks is a great way to spend an afternoon. Or try our Disney Around the World Showcase Challenge.
- Nightlife: Catch some live music at the House of Blues, take in La Nouba (Disney’s exclusive Cirque Du Soleil show), or just stroll along the paths of Downtown Disney at night.
- Shopping: Downtown Disney is the home to a large number of stores (many of which are non Disney related, so if you are in the market for a souvenir without the Mouse on it, this is the place for you!). It’s a great place to visit because you don’t need a park ticket for it, and there are tons of great restaurants should you get hungry from all the shopping!
- Golf: WDW is home to 5 golf courses (three of which are PGA courses), so if golf is your thing they’ve got you covered
- Spa Treatments: 3 full service spas insure that you will be relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on all that Disney has to offer.
- Thrill rides: Each of the 4 parks offer rides that are perfect for the adrenaline junkie in your family; Magic Kingdom has Space Mountain, Hollywood Studios has the Rock’N’Roller Coaster, Epcot has Soarin’, and Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest (among others!)
- Enjoying the resort offerings: All of the WDW resorts offer beautiful pools, many have sit down restaurants, bike rentals, walking/jogging paths, and much more, and a bonus here is that during the day while most folks are away at the parks, these activities may be virtually empty and ready for you to enjoy
- Beyond WDW: I know, I am supposed to be talking about what the Walt Disney World Resort has to offer for adults (which is a LOT!), but I really want to mention that beyond the Disney walls lies even more for you to enjoy, like other theme parks, more shopping and restaurants, beaches, art/history/culture galore, and so much more. Consider renting a car and spending a day away, not only will this allow you to save some money on WDW park tickets, but it will give you a chance to experience more, and after all, isn’t that what a vacation is all about?
The great minds behind WDW work very hard to make sure that there is something for those of all ages to enjoy, it truly is the place “Where Dreams Come True” for everyone (adults included!)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Catie (see all)
- A First Timer’s Guide To Walt Disney World – Packing For Disney - January 10, 2016
- Disney DIY – Host a fun Finding Nemo themed Movie Night! - January 3, 2016
- What To Get Your Disney Lover For Christmas: The “Hers” List - December 21, 2015