Romantic Dinner Spots – Disney World Edition
Many times Walt Disney World is a vacation destination for families and can tend to revolve around the children, so you often don’t think of it as being a ‘romantic getaway’. One way you can infuse a little romance into your vacation is to hire a babysitter for the kids, and take a night to enjoy a romantic dinner for two!
There are SO MANY amazing romantic restaurants at WDW that I couldn’t possibly talk about them all at once, so here are the top romantic restaurants you’ll find at the WDW Theme Parks:
- Epcot – There are LOTS of amazing places around Epcot where you can enjoy a relaxing intimate meal, personally I think the atmosphere of the Coral Reef with its huge aquarium and delicious seafood menu is a great dinner spot. There are lots of other options in the World Showcase area of Epcot as well – from the French charm of Bistro De Paris, to the dark interior and delicious steaks at Le Cellier, to the traditional Italian menu and extensive wine list at Tutto Italia – there really are a lot of great “date” spots in Epcot.
- Magic Kingdom – to me, this is the hardest place to find a romantic dining spot, as it tends to be a very family friendly park, which means a lot of eateries cater more to families with children than to adults looking for an intimate meal for 2. That being said, I would choose Tony’s Town Square for my romantic Magic Kingdom meal, the delicious Italian dishes and gelato are always a winner in my book – and the atmosphere and décor is inspired by the Italian restaurant where Lady and the Tramp share spaghetti and a kiss, so really, what could be more romantic than that?
- Hollywood Studios – There is something quaint and romantic about the old-time Hollywood feel of Hollywood Studios, and that feeling is carried through in restaurants like the Hollywood Brown Derby – where you can dine on cobb salad and grapefruit cake while you check out the caricatures of Hollywood stars that cover the walls. Or head over to Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano for some sangria and chicken parmesan in an old time-y Italian setting. No matter where you grab dinner while at Hollywood Studios, the best part is always taking a stroll down the streets of Hollywood at dusk – it’s a truly magical way to spend an evening!
- Animal Kingdom – I recently discovered my love for Animal Kingdom, and love all the great attractions they have to offer. When it comes to romantic dinner spots though, they don’t exactly have a lot of options to choose from. My top pick would have to be Yak and Yeti an Asian restaurant serving up flavors from Nepal, China, and India. The décor is definitely different, very exotic and keeping with the Asia area of Animal Kingdom – this is a great place to try something new and take in some new and unusual scenery
My biggest tip – Don’t forget to plan ahead and make those Advance Dining Reservations 180 days before your trip so you can ensure that you will be able to dine at your favorite romantic spot!
Not sure any of these fit your idea of a romantic evening? Well then stay tuned next week here on chip and co for the top romantic restaurant picks at the WDW Resort Hotels and Downtown Disney!
- 100 Disney Foods to Eat Before you Die Challenge (chipandco.com)
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access now available at Epcot (chipandco.com)