One great aspect of a Disney vacation is the amazing food. However, for those of us who are dieting or just want some healthy choices that can be hard at Disney World. So here are some good and affordable healthy Disney Dining options for your magical vacation. Here are some yummy, yet healthy choices at the Magic Kingdom.
- Columbia Harbor House is a favorite. Try The Lighthouse Sandwich with hummus, maybe the tomato and broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread, the broccoli peppercorn salad with greens, veggies, chicken and Parmesan cheese, and, on cool days, the vegetarian chili.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe has quite a few healthy choices. They have a great Greek Salad, which I recently tried and I love! If you are not a salad person, then maybe a veggie burger or a veggie sandwich. For dessert try some no-sugar-added mango gelato. That is next on my list!
- Pecos Bill Tall tale Inn & Cafe has a Southwest Chicken Salad or a veggie burger.
- Pinocchio Village Haus has a Mediterranean Salad with greens, red onion, black olives, roasted red peppers, mozzarella and chicken. They also have the no sugar added gelato.
- Liberty Tree Tavern is also a fan favorite. They have a Colony Salad with greens, Ocean Spray Craisins, apples, sweet pecans, applewood-smoked Cheddar cheese and grilled chicken with a honey-shallot vinaigrette. They also have a pretty good vegan burger, from what I hear. It is made with potatoes and quinoa and topped with a vegan tofu-tzatziki sauce. Ok that does sound good!
- Cinderella’s Royal Table has a fish of the day, or rice with roasted eggplants, mushrooms, onions and squash tossed with arugula pesto and a splash of aged balsamic vinegar. I think that one is next on my list as well!
- Plaza Restaurant, which I love, has a great Chicken Strawberry Salad. It is served with greens, cucumbers, strawberries and grilled chicken tossed with a white zinfandel vinaigrette. I have had this on a few occasions and I highly recommend it.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant, which is beautiful and a must see. They have a great Tina Nicoise for lunch. For dinner, try baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes and caramelized onions layered on quinoa with a bell pepper sauce. They also have some no sugar added options for dessert.
- Some healthy grab and go options:
- A fresh pineapple spear from Aloha Isle
- Hummus and chips from Gaston’s Tavern
- An apple or banana from Prince Eric’s Village Market.
- Fresh Roasted Corn at Liberty Square Market.
- Fresh fruit is available at various kiosks throughout the park as well.
Just thought you might want to take a look at some of the healthy yummy goodness:
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Independent Travel Agent at World of Magic Travel Services
I am the Disney World News Writer for Chip and Company. I am also an Independent Travel Agent for World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency used by Chip and Company and the Disney Addicts. Email me at email@example.com so I can help you plan your magical Disney vacation.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- This Week is “Show Your Disney Side” Week on Wheel of Fortune - April 26, 2015
- Disney’s New App for the Apple Watch - April 26, 2015
- Walt Disney World Resort VoluntEARS Brightens the Day of Local Foster Kids - April 25, 2015
Try these Healthy Disney Dining Food Choices at Disney’s Magic Kingdom was last modified: June 29th, 2014 by