One great aspect of a Disney vacation is the amazing food. However, for those of us who are dieting or just want some healthy choices that can be hard at Disney World. So here are some good and affordable healthy Disney Dining options for your magical vacation. Here are some yummy, yet healthy choices at the Magic Kingdom.
- Columbia Harbor House is a favorite. Try The Lighthouse Sandwich with hummus, maybe the tomato and broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread, the broccoli peppercorn salad with greens, veggies, chicken and Parmesan cheese, and, on cool days, the vegetarian chili.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe has quite a few healthy choices. They have a great Greek Salad, which I recently tried and I love! If you are not a salad person, then maybe a veggie burger or a veggie sandwich. For dessert try some no-sugar-added mango gelato. That is next on my list!
- Pecos Bill Tall tale Inn & Cafe has a Southwest Chicken Salad or a veggie burger.
- Pinocchio Village Haus has a Mediterranean Salad with greens, red onion, black olives, roasted red peppers, mozzarella and chicken. They also have the no sugar added gelato.
- Liberty Tree Tavern is also a fan favorite. They have a Colony Salad with greens, Ocean Spray Craisins, apples, sweet pecans, applewood-smoked Cheddar cheese and grilled chicken with a honey-shallot vinaigrette. They also have a pretty good vegan burger, from what I hear. It is made with potatoes and quinoa and topped with a vegan tofu-tzatziki sauce. Ok that does sound good!
- Cinderella’s Royal Table has a fish of the day, or rice with roasted eggplants, mushrooms, onions and squash tossed with arugula pesto and a splash of aged balsamic vinegar. I think that one is next on my list as well!
- Plaza Restaurant, which I love, has a great Chicken Strawberry Salad. It is served with greens, cucumbers, strawberries and grilled chicken tossed with a white zinfandel vinaigrette. I have had this on a few occasions and I highly recommend it.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant, which is beautiful and a must see. They have a great Tina Nicoise for lunch. For dinner, try baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes and caramelized onions layered on quinoa with a bell pepper sauce. They also have some no sugar added options for dessert.
- Some healthy grab and go options:
- A fresh pineapple spear from Aloha Isle
- Hummus and chips from Gaston’s Tavern
- An apple or banana from Prince Eric’s Village Market.
- Fresh Roasted Corn at Liberty Square Market.
- Fresh fruit is available at various kiosks throughout the park as well.
Just thought you might want to take a look at some of the healthy yummy goodness:
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Independent Travel Agent at World of Magic Travel Services
I am the Disney World News Writer for Chip and Company. I am also an Independent Travel Agent for World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency used by Chip and Company and the Disney Addicts. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can help you plan your magical Disney vacation.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Disney Celebrates 60 Years of Innovation at the D23 Expo 2015 - July 27, 2015
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will be Back This Year - July 26, 2015
- United World Soccer Open in a New Location at Disney Springs - July 26, 2015
Try these Healthy Disney Dining Food Choices at Disney’s Magic Kingdom was last modified: June 29th, 2014 by