Top 10 Epcot “Must Dos”
When visiting Walt Disney World’s Epcot, there are a few things that every guest “must-do” in order to have a true Epcot experience. So if you’re an Epcot rookie, or just a big fan, check out my list of Epcot “Must Dos!”
10. American Adventure-This spectacular audio-animatronic show, which serves as the American Adventure pavilion’s centerpiece, is hosted by Mark Twain and Benjamin Franklin and features stirring moments of our nation’s history. The American Adventure features amazing sets and audio-animatronics and is just as good, if not better, than the Magic Kingdom’s Hall of Presidents! It’s definitely a “must do” for any Epcot guest!
9. Ride the Monorail-While guests can enjoy the monorail at the Magic Kingdom or it’s deluxe resorts, perhaps no where else on property does this futuristic form of transportation look more at home than at Epcot! The monorail loop also encircles the park’s icon, Spaceship Earth, for an aerial view of Future World!
8. Living with the Land-This leisurely boat ride floats through scenes that educate guests about the land and how we use it. The highlight of this attraction is a float through the greenhouses where Epcot shows new, innovative ways to produce food and even real Mickey shaped pumpkins and tomatoes!
7. Chat with a World Showcase Cast Member-The Cast Members at the World Showcase pavilions are actually from the countries in which they are working! Not only are they there to help you, but they can also answer any questions you might have about their country and culture. Chatting with a Cast Member and learning about their country is an amazing cultural experience and what Epcot’s World Showcase is all about!
6. Eat a Pastry at Boulangerie Patisserie or Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe-These two bakeries, located at the France and Norway pavilions respectively, are famous at WDW! At these bakeries, you can enjoy treats that are both familiar to our tastes and native to France and Norway. Norway’s School Bread is famous among Disney regulars! You can also snack on sandwiches and other items at these stops as well.
5. The Seas with Nemo and Friends-This pavilion begins with a calm, colorful ride under the sea with characters from Pixar’s Finding Nemo! Towards the end of the ride, you will se Finding Nemo characters swimming in an aquarium with real fish! It’s a really cool effect! Once you exit the ride, you are free to explore the massive aquarium and pavilions showcasing ocean life. It’s a lot of fun for both adults and kids!
4. World Showcase-This part of Epcot is extremely popular and for good reason! Located around the World Showcase Lagoon, World Showcase consists of different pavilions representing different countries from around the world, as well as their architecture, cuisine, products, and history. It’s like a mini trip around the world in the heart of Disney magic!
3. Test Track-This popular Epcot attraction lets guests experience what it’s like to be a crash test dummy! (But don’t be concerned, no one gets hurt!) On this ride, guests get to experience what tests cars go through before they are approved for sale. Your car will go through terrain and brake tests, as well as a high speed ride outdoors where you will reach 65 mph! Test Track is a blast and is definitely an Epcot “must do!”
2. Soarin’-This attraction is one of Disney’s best and is extremely popular! On Soarin’, you get to experience what it’s like to hanglide over California. You truly feel like you are flying and the scenery on the screen before you is beautiful! Exhilaring, yet great for everyone in the family, Soarin’ is sure to be a favorite! Also, at the very end, you even get to fly over Disneyland during the fireworks!
1. Spaceship Earth-This attraction educates guests through history to educate riders about communication. This slow moving ride featuring scenes and audio-animatronics which really capture the spirit of Epcot and is great way to get off your feet! Wondering why it’s at the top our list? This ride is located inside of Epcot’s giant icon!
The next time you visit Epcot, be sure to enjoy these “must do” activities and attractions; and be sure to share with us if any of these are on your own “must do” list too!
Countdown to Disney: How You Know You’re at the Magic Kingdom (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Best Bathrooms in Walt Disney World – Epcot (chipandco.com)
- EPCOT – Top 5 Attractions For Seniors (chipandco.com)