When visiting Walt Disney World’s Epcot, there are a few things that every guest “must-do” in order to have a true Epcot experience. So if you’re an Epcot rookie, or just a big fan, check out my list of Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot.
10. American Adventure-This spectacular audio-animatronic show, which serves as the American Adventure pavilion’s centerpiece, is hosted by Mark Twain and Benjamin Franklin and features stirring moments of our nation’s history. The American Adventure features amazing sets and audio-animatronics and is just as good, if not better, than the Magic Kingdom’s Hall of Presidents! It’s definitely a “must do” for any Epcot guest!
9. Ride the Monorail-While guests can enjoy the monorail at the Magic Kingdom or its deluxe resorts, perhaps nowhere else on property does this futuristic form of transportation look more at home than at Epcot! The monorail loop also encircles the park’s icon, Spaceship Earth, for an aerial view of Future World! Also makes great photos like the one above.
8. Living with the Land-This leisurely boat ride floats through scenes that educate guests about the land and how we use it. The highlight of this attraction is a float through the greenhouses where Epcot shows new, innovative ways to produce food and even real Mickey shaped pumpkins and tomatoes!
7. Chat with a World Showcase Cast Member-The Cast Members at the World Showcase pavilions are actually from the countries in which they are working! Not only are they there to help you, but they can also answer any questions you might have about their country and culture. Chatting with a Cast Member and learning about their country is an amazing cultural experience and what Epcot’s World Showcase is all about!
6. Eat a Pastry at Boulangerie Patisserie or Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe-These two bakeries, located at the France and Norway pavilions respectively, are famous at WDW! At these bakeries, you can enjoy treats that are both familiar to our tastes and native to France and Norway. Norway’s School Bread is famous among Disney regulars! You can also snack on sandwiches and other items at these stops as well.
5. The Seas with Nemo and Friends-This pavilion begins with a calm, colorful ride under the sea with characters from Pixar’s Finding Nemo! Towards the end of the ride, you will see Finding Nemo characters swimming in an aquarium with real fish! It’s a really cool effect! Once you exit the ride, you are free to explore the massive aquarium and pavilions showcasing ocean life. It’s a lot of fun for both adults and kids! Don’t forget to stop by and see Crush Talk!
4. World Showcase-This part of Epcot is extremely popular and for good reason! Located around the World Showcase Lagoon, World Showcase consists of different pavilions representing different countries from around the world, as well as their architecture, cuisine, products, and history. It’s like a mini trip around the world in the heart of Disney magic! Don’t forget to Drink around the World Showcase!
3. Test Track-This popular Epcot attraction lets guests experience what it’s like to design and test drive their own car! Your car will go through terrain and brake tests, as well as a high-speed ride outdoors where you will reach 65 mph! Test Track is a blast and is definitely an Epcot “must do!”
2. Soarin’-This attraction is one of Disney’s best and is extremely popular! On Soarin’, you get to experience what it’s like to hanglide over California. You truly feel like you are flying and the scenery on the screen before you is beautiful! Exhilarating yet great for everyone in the family, Soarin’ is sure to be a favorite! Also, at the very end, you even get to fly over Disneyland during the fireworks!
1. Spaceship Earth-This attraction educates guests through history to educate riders about communication. This slow-moving ride featuring scenes and audio-animatronics which really capture the spirit of Epcot and is great way to get off your feet! Wondering why it’s at the top our list? This ride is located inside of Epcot’s giant icon!
The next time you visit Epcot, be sure to enjoy these “must do” activities and attractions; and be sure to share with us if any of these are on your own “must do” list too!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot - December 5, 2014
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting Disney World during the holidays - November 29, 2014
- Top 10 Disney World “Must Do’s” - November 27, 2014