Celebrating your birthday at Walt Disney World can be an extra MAGICAL experience! From the moment you arrive at your resort, and you get a Birthday button, to the cake you have at Cinderella’s Royal Table, Walt Disney World allows you to celebrate your birthday like nowhere else on earth! Today, I want to share some fun ways to celebrate birthdays at Walt Disney World! Walt Disney World is all about celebrations!
1. Before you arrive, visit Disney Floral and Gifts. This website has EXCELLENT choices for making the celebration start from the moment you enter your resort room. Flying High With Mickey is a fun balloon bouquet to decorate your room upon arrival. Or, visit their Custom Gift Builder and choose items that you know your child will love! Or, choose the Royal Welcome package for your little princess! She’ll feel so special!
2. Decorate your room with items from home. Bring along some Disney themed window clings for your mirrors or balcony doors. Letting your child decorate for his/her birthday can be fun!
3. Take a Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. Board the cruise at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and you’ll be off on an adventure with Mr. Smee and some other adventurous guests! As you cruise across Seven Seas Lagoon, your fellow passengers will serenade the birthday child, while taking in Wishes with a spectacular view! When you return, Peter Pan is waiting for you!
4. Celebration cakes and treats at Disney Dining experiences can really make their birthday memorable! Upon arriving at your location, you can ask for a small vanilla or chocolate cake to be brought to your table to celebrate. Or, if you want something a little more customized, call 407.827.2253 at least 48 hours in advance to create a custom designed cake for your child’s birthday!
5. Pirates’ League or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique are excellent ways to show your birthday child some magic! Not every little pirate or princess gets to visit the Pirates’ League or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on their Walt Disney World vacation! Since these experiences can be pricey, and in some ways time consuming, they are excellent for special occasions! With prices starting around $50, this experience can make a fun, magical way to really make your child feel special on his or her birthday!
6. Tell EVERYONE it’s your child’s birthday! From the time you call Disney or your travel agent to book your vacation, to your arrival at your resort, make sure everyone knows you’re celebrating! Sometimes the resort will arrange for something special to be sent to your room, not always, but sometimes. Or, arrange for a special birthday wake up call from Mickey! Even at dining experiences, if they know you’re celebrating a birthday, they’ll sometimes bring a cupcake with a candle in it for your child! If you’re working your way around World Showcase, ask the Cast Member to write “Happy Birthday” in your child’s passport-using their native language!
7. Let your child make the touring plan. Give your child freedom in one of the parks to decide what they are doing all day long! Even if it means taking on Space Mountain and then Splash Mountain immediately after that, go for it!
8. Give your child daily surprises. Before getting to Disney, pack some fun little treats for your child. You could even go so far as to make a gift tag for a small gift each day, to make it appear as if a character left your child a fun gift. Coloring books, Disney stuffed animals, Disney tattoos, etc. are a great way to give your child something special everyday!
9. Have the characters autograph a birthday card. Take along a birthday card for your child, and carry it with you around the parks or to a character meal. After they have signed the autograph book, have them sign the card, too! What an awesome keepsake!
10. Play mini-golf or visit DisneyQuest. With every package booked at Walt Disney World, you will receive money saving vouchers for some of Disney’s attractions outside of the parks. Fantasia Mini Golf, Splitsville, and DisneyQuest are often part of those vouchers. Why not take advantage of those, and celebrate with a fun family night out?
Disney World allows for so much celebrating! After all, their past themes have been “What Will You Celebrate Today?”, and “Celebrate a Dream Come True”, etc. How have you celebrated birthdays at Walt Disney World? I’m all about celebrating ANYTHING in life! Contact me to see how I can help make your next Disney vacation full of celebrations and magic! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Carrie (see all)
- Disney Lingo – Do You Speak It? - January 15, 2015
- 10 Adult Only Must Dos at Walt Disney World - December 29, 2014
- Around the Universe-Exciting New Happenings at Universal Orlando Resort - July 16, 2014