Napping in Disney World? Who needs to nap in the most Magical Place on Earth? Well, your infant and toddler might. Ideally a trip back to your room is the best way to get a nap in for a soon to be cranky little one. Especially if they need a 2 hour nap to recharge. Sometimes that is not possible, so here are my Top 5 nap spots in Magic Kingdom. I’ve found these to be great places to put back the stroller and cross our fingers.
In no particular order:
- Tomorrowland-Benches outside Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I know it sounds crazy, but the noise must act like white noise because I’ve had success here. It’s shaded and the rest of the family can explore the many rides in the area. A trip on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover or Carousel of Progress, might get your little one relaxed prior to placing them down for their nap. There is plenty of space, and amenities like bathrooms and snacks are nearby.
- Tom Sawyer Island-This is also a hidden gem to explore. The boat ride should soothe your little one and by the time you find a quiet bench they will be in Disney Dreamland. If you have older children you can send them along to explore the island with another adult. There are caves, a fort and play areas to keep them busy for a while. The only negative is that while bathrooms are available, snacks are not. So plan ahead.
- Walt Disney World Railroad-This is an idea if your child requires movement to fall asleep. While they can not be in the stroller, if you have sling or carrier they will soon be out. You can ride the railroad as long as you like and although there is noise, it is soothing to the little ones.
- Baby Care Center-Located near Main Street USA and the Crystal Palace the Baby Care Center provides rocking chairs, changing tables and sofas to give infants and their parents a place to wind down. It can be busy and you need to leave your stroller outside. But for a little decompression it’s perfect. The air conditioning is a bonus!
- -Check the parade and meet and greet schedules before you commit to this area. There are a ton of nooks to park with your stroller. Again, shade is helpful here. There are quiet spots near the Christmas Shoppe and entrance to Adventureland as you pass The Crystal Palace.
Bonus Chip’s Tip: As a last “resort”, head on the monorail. You can go to Epcot and back, or to one of the resorts. The Polynesian has many quiet spots or their beach has some comfortable beach chairs. While you are welcome, please remember to be respectful of the resort guests.
Good Luck getting your infant or toddler to sleep. You will need to make a call based upon your child’s needs and what you have planned for the day. Keep in mind as your trip goes on, your child’s tolerance levels will decrease. Sometimes a cat nap will be enough to avoid a meltdown. Sometimes a resort afternoon while your child naps will benefit everyone in the family. Now if only there was a spot for parents to take a nap!
Keep an eye on Chip and Co. for the best nap spots in the other parks. What are your favorite nap spots? Please share in the Comment Section.
MickeyMom is a blog writer, mom to two boys and a big fan of naps for everyone!
- The Magic Kingdom – Why It’s Worth Waking Up Early For (chipandco.com)
- Flying Your Family to Disney Without Going Crazy! Part Two: Getting There (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!