This classic Disney attraction can be found right at the entrance to Magic Kingdom on Main Street USA.
The Walt Disney World Railroad is a twenty minute ride around the edge of Magic Kingdom Park. You board an antique, steam powered engine for your ride. It makes stops on Main Street USA, Frontierland, and Fantasyland. Along the way, you see parts of the park that you wouldn’t normally notice during your day of touring. During the 1.5 mile ride, you can rest and relax to take a break from the park. Or, if you need to make your way to Fantasyland or Frontierland without navigating the crowd, then the railroad is for you!
- The railroad consists of four trains-Lilly Belle, Roy O. Disney, Walter E. Disney, and Roger E. Broggie
- They are trains that were actually working during the turn of the 20th century, hauling sugar cane.
- You may take your stroller aboard the train, but it needs to be folded.
- A great way to pass time if you have a Fastpass to meet Mickey and Minnie at the Town Square Theater, or if you are waiting for your ADRs at a Magic Kingdom restaurant.
- The trains stop running immediately before parades on Main Street USA.
This attraction is a classic Disney tradition. After all, it’s been a part of Walt Disney World since the Magic Kingdom opened its gates in 1971. It for sure has a special place in the heart of many Disney lovers-after all, Walt loved his trains!
Quick Tip: The Walt Disney World Railroad will take you back to Fantasyland. It’s a great way to make it back there quickly to start enjoying attractions.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News! Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News to your inbox! You can find us online on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!