Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside resort is full of charm, elegance, and romance! This resort is themed after the bayou area of Mississippi, and it is an excellent moderate resort option for families of five! Whether you are in the Magnolia Bend or the Alligator Bayou, the theming in this resort does not go unnoticed.
- Some rooms can sleep up to five guests. They are equipped with two queen size beds and a Murphy style bed.
- Alligator Bayou rooms are lodge type of facilities, while Magnolia Bend are “mansions”.
- Alligator Bayou area does not have any elevators. If you need an elevator, inform the staff so they can find you a room that will best suit your needs.
- If you choose the Magnolia Bend section, Royal Rooms are an option. These are themed after Princess Tiana, and are sure to delight every princess in your family!
- The rooms do not have private patios or balconies. With the beautiful, lush landscaping at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, really no room view is “bad”.
- With this being a popular resort, it is often reserved to capacity. So online check in, prior to arrival, is a good idea.
While at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, you’ll enjoy the fact that Port Orleans French Quarter is just a short walk away. That makes exploring two beautiful Disney resorts easy! And, you have access to the pools and playgrounds at both resorts. But the fun doesn’t stop there!
- Catch and release fishing for children is available at the Ol’ Fishing Hole.
- The Bayou Pirate Adventure Cruise sets sail for children ages 4-10 and sails down the Sassagoula River.
- Enjoy the quiet of the Butterfly Garden, or take in the lush walking trails along the resort.
Boatwright’s is your dining option at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. This is a table service restaurant, and reservations are a great idea. You’ll find southern favorites here-jambalya, “voo doo chicken”, along with appetizers, salads, desserts, and other main dishes are sure to keep you full! If you need to grab something and go, you’ll want to visit the Riverside Food Court for breakfast, lunch, and dinner-and to refill your Disney mug.
Transportation to Disney parks is by bus from this resort. There are four bus stops here, each within a 3-4 minute walk to most rooms. You can take a boat to Downtown Disney, and if you have an early morning ADR at another resort, driving yourself or taking a taxi is probably a better idea.
Overall, Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside resort is excellent! It is beautiful, themed well, and is great for families of five. We give this Disney resort an “A+”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Vintage Disney Infinity Scarves - August 3, 2015
- Disney Finds – Handmade Disney Cupcake Charms - August 2, 2015
- Disney’s “Descendants” puts a spell on you with 6.6 Million Total Viewers - August 1, 2015