Easter is one of the busiest times to visit Walt Disney World, between Spring Break and the Holiday. According to TouringPlans.com, expect Crowd Levels of 10 out of 10 from March 23rd to April 2nd. However, I had no idea there were so many additional activities Disney offered in the week prior or on Easter Sunday.
Here is and idea of what to expect on Easter.
- Meet and Greet with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny- Starting now through Easter Sunday. At the Bunny Lane Gardens near City Hall from 9am to 5pm.
- Easter Pre-Parade-An Easter Themed introduction 15 minutes prior to the 3pm parade. That’s 2:45pm folks!
- Fantasyland walkway between Little Mermaid and Storybook Circus will be open through April 8th to alleviate crowds.
- Disney Limited Time Magic Vinylmation Easter Egg Hunt-Purchase a map for $4.95 and search for hidden “eggs” throughout Epcot and you will be rewarded with an Easter Vinylmation surprise.
- Easter Egg Hunts-At the Future World Innoventions “Easter Garden” Garden Maze and . Additional Easter Activities at the “Easter Garden”
- Meet and Greet with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny-On Easter Sunday only at the UK Pavilion Garden Maze.
The resorts will have morning activities including Character Meet and Greets (in their Easter finery of course), Candy Scrambles , and Egg Relays. The afternoons are dedicated to Poolside Easter Parties. Every resort will have a schedule available, but expect Duck Races, Easter Bingo and Easter crafts. The evening will bring centrally located activities or in some cases Campfire activities and Movies Under the Stars. Some of the resorts have some pretty unique happenings on the schedule:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Decorate your own Ostricth Egg. Cost is $20 and proceeds donated to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund.
- Art of Animation-Decorate your own Easter Cookie.
- Contmeporary-Cast Members will be hand decorating 12″ tall Chocolate Easter Eggs. Available on display throughut the resort from March 29th to April 1st.
- Old Key West-Decorate your own Edible Easter Basket.
- Saratoga Springs-The Golden Easter Egg Hunt
- Yacht and Beach Club-Make Your Own Mickey Tie-Dye.
These activities are subject to change. Your resort will have an schedule available when you check-in.
- Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort-Easter Buffet Breakfast and Easter Dinner
- Captain’s Grill at the Yacht Club Resort-Easter Brunch
- Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort-Easter Brunch
- The Wave…of American Flavors at the Contemporary Resort-Easter Brunch
- Portobello at Downtown Disney-Easter Menu
- At Contemporary Resort’s Fantasia Ballroom. Catholic Services are at 8am and 10:15 am. Protestant Services will be at 9am. Keep in mind you will not be able to park at the Contemporary, unless you are a Contemporary resort guest. So plan on taking monorail from Walt Disney World
- The Resort and Park Gift Shops are offering Pre-made Easter Baskets for sale.
- Disney Floral and Gifts have Easter Celebrations and gifts available for delivery.
- You can also purchase a “Hop and Drop” where an Easter Basket is delivered to your resort room on Easter Morning.
- Select Quick Service restaurants will be offering a coupon on your purchase receipt. It offers 20% off a merchandise purchase at select Gift Shops. Restrictions apply, so look carefully. This promotion is available from March 18th through April 24th.
As more Easter Activities are made available we will update this article!
- Walt Disney World Resort Refurbishments Update for April 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Easter Basket Idea: Baby Alive Kicks and Cuddles Newborn $6 (couponingtodisney.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!