The police are asking for your help if you happened to be in Downtown Disney on December 9th near or in the “World of Disney”. According to the Orlando Sentinel, the Orlando Police Department are looking for a thief who stole over $14,000 worth of jewelry from “World of Disney.”
The thief stole the items around 8:30pm and headed up to a cashier at “World of Disney” with a gold necklace, matching earrings, and one or two other pieces of jewelry (including some with diamonds). The man received a discount of 20% on at least one item by showing an annual pass and then gave the clerk a Wal-Mart Visa card. When the clerk swiped the card the reader would not accept it so the cast member at “World of Disney” entered in the credit card number, expiration date and the security code on the back of his card. Unfortunately it was later determined the card was fraudulent, investigators said.
The man was wearing braces and provided identification that matched the name on the card. Police are releasing the information to see if anyone in the public knows anything about this man. If you do know anything please call Detective Frank Delguercio at 407-939-3208.
- Purchase Disney Gift Cards at Kroger to help save money… (chipandco.com)
- Disney Confidential – What About Downtown Disney? (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Disney’s Character Warehouse: A Diamond in the Rough - August 2, 2015
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014