Top 5 Overlooked Disney World Attractions
When visiting Walt Disney World, popular attractions such as Space Mountain, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest are at the top of everyone’s list; but what about the other attractions?
Some of my favorite attractions at Walt Disney World are often overlooked as guests, clutching FastPasses hurry through the parks. While these attractions may not pack as many thrills, they still offer Disney magic and often come in handy during the peak summer season from the crowds and long lines!
5. Magic of Disney Animation-In Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this attraction offers fun for the whole family! You can enjoy an amusing film about the animation process, hosted by a live animator and Mushu from Mulan! Afterwards, you can get pictures with Disney characters, take personality quizzes, take a free art class, and even get to see a glimpse of upcoming Disney movies!
4. Living with the Land-Located inside Epcot’s The Land pavilion, this attraction takes guests on a leisurely cruise through scenes showcasing different landscapes around the world and how mankind use that land. The highlight of this attraction is a sail through through actual working greenhouses boasting Mickey-shaped produce!
3. Walt Disney One Man’s Dream-This mini-museum at Hollywood Studios takes guests on a chronological venture through Walt’s life, his accomplishments, and the life of the Disney Company. Kids and adults will enjoy the exhibits and pictures, and the models of the parks and popular attractions! It’s also air conditioned and you are free to move at your own pace, a great spot to escape to during the afternoon when the crowds and heat are the highest.
2. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover-This attraction is a covered, elevated tram attraction with individual cars that swiftly moves over Tomorrowland and even enters some attractions! It’s a favorite with many Disney regulars. Why? I enjoy getting off my feet and enjoying the breeze, as well as getting a bird’s eye view of Tomorrowland! It’s also fun to sit with my family and talk about the day while waiting for our dinner reservations, our FastPass time, or trying to get out of the rain! Finally, the glimpse of Space Mountain is always really cool!
1. Flights of Wonder-I recently saw this show on one of my recent trips; and now I don’t know why I never saw it sooner! Flights of Wonder can be found in Asia at Animal Kingdom and it showcases different types of birds. The trainers at Animal Kingdom are amazing and they showcase what they have trained the birds to do, as well as their natural abilities. It’s amazing to watch; and as always at Disney, the entertainment factor is sky high. Warning: Some birds will fly over your head, so be prepared. Also, we recommend you arrive early for the interesting pre-show.
Are any of these on your list of underrated attractions?
- Characters: Disney World for Disney Princess Fans (aglassslippervacation.com)