World Showcase is one of the most popular areas at Disney World and at the top of our list when we visit. Who doesn’t like traveling around the world in an afternoon, experiencing different cultures, cuisine, products, architecture, and dining experiences!
Of the nine different, which are packed full of things to see and do, everyone has their own favorite; but today, we are listing my Top 5 favorite pavilions and why we love them!
1.-This pavilion is our favorite because there is so much great stuff here! Norway transports me to a Norwegian village and back in time to the days of the Vikings! Norway is home to Akershus Storybook Dining, it’s one of my favorite character meals and restaurants. Here adults can experience delicious Norwegian fare while their own little princesses meet a variety of Disney princesses! Norway also has an attraction, Maelstrom, a boat ride through Norway‘s history and mythology. It’s actually pretty good too! In addition to this pavilions shops, there is also the Stave Church to explore; and if you get hungry, visit the Kringla Og Bakeri for some famous school bread and then enjoy it at the nearby seating area with grass growing on the roof!
2. Rose and Crown Pub and Yorkshire Fish and Chips! I like to shop too and the United Kingdom is a great place to do just that. There is also a vast variety of merchandise available here ranging from the Beatles to perfume to British toys and even tea. Tucked near the back of this pavilion is a quiet sitting area which provides a nice escape from the crowds; and you can often find entertainers performing on the street! Also, if you’re a big Disney character fan, as I am, the United Kingdom is a great place to find a vast quantity of Disney characters such as Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, Alice, the Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit, and sometimes more!-This pavilion is interesting to me because of the history and variety of architecture and detail found here, particularly in the different buildings. Also, who doesn’t enjoythe popular
3. Les Chefs de France and Bistro de Paris. Les Chefs de France is one of my favorite WDW restaurants; and throughout the day, Remy from Pixar’s Ratatouille stops by! Be sure to France thoroughly on your visit as it goes back farther than many realize to reveal another shop and one of World Showcase’s best bakeries, La Boulangerie Patisserie. I also enjoy this pavilion due its location next to the International Gateway, where you can hop on a “Friendship” boat to visit the Epcot Resorts or continue on to Hollywood Studios.-This beautiful pavilion is full charm and detail, and who wouldn’t enjoy seeing the Eiffel Tower in the background? The shopping here is great by the way. I always have to do some browsing while I’m here. I especially like the home decor, mini-Eiffel Towers, and perfume. There’s also two table service restaurants here:
4. Karamell Kuche for traditional caramel candies or some unique, caramel treats! Also, take some time to enjoy the minature train village nearby, kids and adults both enjoy it.-This is a popular pavilion with many guests, including myself. The Germany pavilion takes you into the pages of a classic fairytale with it’s clocktowers, turrets, and German village design. Here you can grab a meal at the Biergarten Restaurant or Sommerfest and do some serious shopping! There is a variety of German merchandise, such as Christmas ornaments, steins, toys, cuckoo clocks, soccer gear, and crystal jewelry. If you have a sweet tooth, like me, you must drop in the new
5.-I like Canada because it’s different than most World Showcase pavilions. Tucked behind its shops, which represent both Canada‘s rugged, Northwestern culture and elegant, European architecture, is a little piece of the Canadian Rockies. Several paths and bridges take you over little streams and by a waterfall on your way to a tribute film about Canada starring Martin Short, and it’s totally cool that the theater is nestled inside of a replica mine! For fellow shoppers, like myself, be sure to spend some time exploring The Northwest Mercantile; and everyone should walk through the peaceful and picturesque gardens. Need another reason why this pavilion is my favorite? Le Cellier! This is seriously one of the best restaurants at WDW property. Plus, one of World Showcase’s most popular entertainment groups, Off Kilter, can be found here!
So those are my Top 5 choices for my favorite World Showcase pavilions. What did you think? What is your favorite World Showcase pavilion?
- Drink Around the World Showcase – Germany Pavilion (chipandco.com)
- Disney To Do List: How to Have the Total WDW Experience at Epcot (aglassslippervacation.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot - December 5, 2014
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting Disney World during the holidays - November 29, 2014
- Top 10 Disney World “Must Do’s” - November 27, 2014