Animal Kingdom Lodge offers a unique experience, a luxurious stay while immersed in African culture and surrounded by live African wildlife. This resort is also unique in that it has two separate sections: Jambo House and Kidani Village!
Jambo House is home to the resort’s main lobby, the Uzima Pool, Zwadi Marketplace gift shop, villas and standard rooms, and a majority of the resort’s restaurants.
Despite the fact that these two sections make up on resort, they are different and offer different experiences; and today, I’m listing the top 5 differences between Jambo House and Kidani Village!
5. Privacy-Kidani Village offers only DVC Villas, and villas cater to families who really want to live like they are at home while on vacation. As a result, the lobby and atmosphere of Kidani Village is quieter and more private.
4. Pools-Jambo House has one of the most popular pools at Disney World, the large, zero-entry Uzima pool; but Kidani Village has its own pool, Samawati Springs, with a fun splash area for kids!
3. Variety-Jambo House tends to offer more variety in comparison to Kidani Village. For example, there is more variety in the shopping and dining; but there is also more variety in the room choices as some DVC Villa options are offered, as well as standard rooms. Meanwhile, at Kidani Village, there are only DVC Villas available, all though there are several sizes to choose from. Check out a view inside of one here!
2. Lobby-Kidani Village has a small, intimate lobby offering a view of the savanna; but since Jambo House is home to Animal Kingdom Lodge’s main lobby, this section of the resort has the biggest lobby and it is one of the most spectacular in all in Walt Disney World! Jambo House’s lobby has high ceilings, a thatched roof, chandeliers that resemble tribal shields, and a massive window that opens up to the savanna and its wildlife!
1. Dining-When it comes to a good meal, Kidani Village offers only Sanaa, a popular table service restaurant. Since DVC Villas have a kitchen, or at least a kitchenette, many guests have the means to cook for themselves and some groceries are available at the gift shop. However, Jambo House offers more dining opportunities, such as two table service restaurants, Boma and Jiko. Also, Jambo House has The Mara, a counter service restaurant that is similiar to a cafeteria.
What differences have you noticed between Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Jambo House and Kidani Village during your stay? Which one do you prefer?
- Is the Disney Vacation Club Right For Your Family?
- Resorts: Pros and Cons of Kidani Village (aglassslippervacation.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict: Part 2 - May 27, 2014
- Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict - May 26, 2014
- Top 5 Ways to Experience Disney World Like a VIP - May 23, 2014