Do you find yourself craving your favorite Disney snack after you’ve returned home? Does your mouth water at the thought of your favorite dish at that must-do Disney restaurant? Don’t fret! You can recreate many of your favorite Disney snacks and dishes in the comforts of your own home!
Recently my oldest was tasked with a cooking project for a class at school. When trying to come up with recipes together we decided if we had to take a break from Disney planning it might as well be with Disney snacking! We wanted to recreate the Magic Cookie Bars from Roaring Forks at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort. Now you can too!
Here is the official Disney Recipe:
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1-14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup Butterscotch Flavor Chips
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/3 cups Flaked Coconut
1 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt Butter or Margarine in a 13″x9″ pan
3. Sprinkle Graham Cracker Crumbs over butter, pour Condensed Milk evenly on top of Graham Cracker Crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed. Press down firmly with a fork.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly golden.
5. Cool then chill for best consistency.
6. Top with sprinkles
7. Cut into bars.
*Be creative with your toppings! You can substitute anything you like for the Butterscotch or Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. We opted to leave off the nuts because we don’t like to mix nuts & chocolate!
How did they turn out? While everything tastes better at Disney, these were delish! Not only did they provide a great sugar rush, but they helped bring the magic home as we count down to our next trip! Don’t tell my son, but we also worked on many math and reading skills as well! Would we try to recreate a Disney recipe at home again? Most definitely! What Disney snack would you like to recreate at home?
- Magic Kingdom Snack Attack – So Many Snacks, So Little Time! (chipandco.com)
- Disney Dining Plan for the Single Traveler (disneydining.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Gretchen I (see all)
- Universal Studios Orlando Resort News Roundup - July 8, 2014
- Universal Orlando Resort News Roundup – Halloween Horror Nights, Harry Potter, and More! - June 20, 2014
- Disney World News & Events roundup for June 20th 2014 - June 20, 2014