Disney World is known for many things, one of those being their FOOD – they have consistently served up a huge variety of freshly prepared food that uses the best ingredients, oh, and it also TASTES great too! But there is more to Disney Dining than just breakfast, lunch and dinner! There are all those hours in-between meals, that can (and should!) be spent sampling some of the many great snacks that WDW has to offer, and thesnack offering are (in my opinion) some of the best out there!
There are SO MANY places to get snacks at the Magic Kingdom that I could write a whole book about it! Hmm…there’s an idea…but for now, if you want a full list of where you can get your grub on while in the Magic Kingdom, Click Here!
And of course, with the opening of the New Fantasyland comes even more treats and snacks! Those worth trying include the pork shanks and cinnamon rolls at Gaston’s Tavern, and the caramel popcorn available at Big Top Treats!
So where should you go when you find yourself in the Magic Kingdom with an empty rumbling stomach? Well personally, I prefer these snack spots:
Main Street Bakery – located right on Main Street, this is a popular spot largely because of the amazing smells that are usually wafting out of it – cakes, danish, cupcakes, brownies, muffins, turnovers, croissants, plus many more amazing smelling (and equally as delicious tasting!) treats are available here. It’s a great place to grab a quick breakfast, as they serve assorted pastries as well as breakfast sandwiches, fruit, juices, and coffee. The line tends to be pretty long, but it usually moves pretty quickly and before you know it you are enjoying your treats (plural, because who can pick just one?). Beginning early this summer, the Bakery will also feature Starbucks drinks and treats, an added bonus for those coffee lovers out there!
Aloha Aisle – Home of the famous Dole Whip, you can get it in pineapple, or orange varieties, or in a float with pineapple juice. Fresh pineapple spears are also served here – and while there may not be a ton of options at this little Adventureland spot, the ones available are fresh and delicious, and a perfect refresher on a hot Florida day!
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments – This little hideaway in Liberty Square is serving up some seriously amazing snacks. Two words – WAFFLE and SANDWICH – that’s right, a giant fresh Belgian waffle filled with your choice of Nutella and fruit, Sweet and spicy chicken, or Ham Prosciutto and Swiss. If you don’t like the sounds of any of those, then try a Funnel cakes (plain or with strawberries!), cookies, ice cream, ice cream cookie sandwiches, iced coffee and other assorted coffee beverages that are available at this snack spot
Almost all snack carts, stands and restaurants take cash, credit, your Disney room key (as long as it’s hooked up to a credit card!), and the Disney Dining Plan (Not sure if your desired snack qualifies as a snack credit? Just check for the purple symbol above, and you’re good to go!)
So what is the BEST snack in the Magic Kingdom? Well, it’s impossible to pick just one, so here are my top three:
1. Corn Dog Nuggets – You can find these tiny little fried bits of heaven at Casey’s Corner. They are served hot from the frier and are crispy on the outside, with warm and fluffy batter inside, plus a delicious mini hot dog too! You can dip them in ketchup, or in the infamous (plastic) cheese dip
2. Cinnamon Roll – These used to be available at the Main Street Bakery, but currently you can get a slightly more maple-y version over at Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland. Dense pastry swirled with cinnamon, and smothered in a warm glazed icing….its not just a breakfast treat, it’s an anytime delicious snack that I highly recommend!
3. Frozen Lemonade – These are served at various carts and stands throughout the Magic Kingdom, and while they aren’t exciting or innovative, they are perfect for cooling you down on a hot Florida afternoon
What about you – where do you go for your Magic Kingdom snack fix? Let me know in the comment box below. Also next time you are at Walt Disney World be sure to try Chip’s 100 Disney Foods to eat before you die challenge. You won’t regret it!
- Breakfast Options During the Main Street Bakery Starbucks Conversion (chipandco.com)
- Top Ten Quick Snacks at Walt Disney World (disneydining.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Catie (see all)
- Top Disney Birthday Gifts For The Disney Lover In Your Life - February 21, 2017
- How to prepare your little ones for your Disney World Vacation - February 5, 2017
- When Should I Go To Walt Disney World??? - January 31, 2017