Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros is an indoor boat ride, taking you through the highlights of Mexico. The ride is based on the 1944 Disney film, The Three Caballeros. The premise of the ride is that Three Caballeros are on their way to a performance in Mexico City. However, Donald Duck has gone sightseeing and is no where to be found. The remaining Caballeros; Panchito the Mexican Rooster and Jose the Brazilian Parrot must hunt for him throughout the country of Mexico. The ride ends as the Three Caballeros get back together for their performance and fireworks explode over Mexico City.
- The duration of the ride is about 8 minutes, most in the dark. There are no restrictions and it is suitable for the entire family.
- Guests with EVC’s must transfer to a wheelchair.
- There is no FASTPASS available, and waits are usually under 10 minutes.
- The ride consists of animatronics and animation as it tours through Mexico.
This ride is not high tech by any means, think It’s a Small World. However, it is a great way for the whole family to see some beautiful images of Mexico. Maybe even learn something as they listen to the dialogue from Donald Duck. By the way, the only Mexican in the Three Caballeros is Panchito. Perhaps that is why Donald got lost checking out the scenery. The ride also has the best queue, right outside La Hacienda de San Angel Restaurant. Your cruise will take you right past the guests as they enjoy their candlelit dinners.
Quick Tip: Have smaller riders sit on the left. That seems to be where the majority of the action is.
Overall we give this ride a “B”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Mickey & Minnie Coolers - March 28, 2015
- Richard Petty Driving Experience set to close this June - March 28, 2015
- DISNEY STORE CELEBRATES 28th ANNIVERSARY WITH SPECIAL ONE-DAY SAVINGS TOMORROW! - March 27, 2015