So you’re spending the day at Disney’s, and you already had lunch, but you’re starving and about to have a meltdown (we’ve all been there!), and dinner is hours away…so what do you do? I recommend you take a break and grab a snack at one of these Top 5 Hollywood Studios Snack Spots:
1. Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner – Head over to the this spot in the Echo Lake area of HS for some delicious milkshakes, and the infamous pretzel hot dogs and italian sausages served with peppers and onions. Need something to quench your thirst on a hot Orlando day? I recommend a frozen lemonade to go with that pretzel dog.
2. Tune In Lounge – Located adjacent to the 50’s Prime Time Cafe in the Echo Lake Area, this lounge serves up some killer bloody marys, and an assortment of other adult beverages. Plus you can order drinks and food selections off the Prime Time Cafe menu, like their infamously delicious PB&J Milkshake. The Lounge is open daily from 11am-10:30 pm for your drinking and dining pleasure.
3. High Octane Refreshments – Between the Backlot Tour and the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Play Area you’ll find this stand that may not exactly be a “snack” spot, but it IS attached to the Studio Catering Company counter service eatery which serves up sandwiches and salads to the hungry HS lunch crowds. High Octane is the “liquid” refreshment portion of this restaurant, serving up a “High Octane” Long Island Iced Tea, and a “Stoplight Margarita” which is a delicious layered green, yellow and red fruity drink that really packs a punch. Stop here from 11:30 am- 5:30 pm to give it a go.
4. Writer’s Stop – Located near the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, this quaint little spot is a great cool spot to relax (the AC is always blasting, perfect place to go on a hot day!), and it is reminiscent of a little privately owned bookshop, where you can buy merchandise, books, oh and snacks too – their bakery case is alway stocked with muffins, cookies, cupcakes, and the infamous carrot cake cookie (a GIANT cookie sandwich with cream cheese frosting in the middle!) is available here, as well as assorted coffee drinks. Its a great place to stop and grab a bite and take a break!
5. Starring Roles – You’ll find this little Cafe on Sunset Boulevard serving up sandwiches, sushi, wines, coffee drinks, sodas and other beverages. However, I must say, the “Star” of this show has to the their baked goods – from eclairs, to tarts and fudge, cheesecake, and some truly amazing cupcakes – I highly recommend you head over to Starring Roles between 9am and 4pm to use up some of those snack credits! You can also grab breakfast here when the Park opens.
So If these are the best PLACES to grab a snack at Hollywood Studios, then what, exactly, is the BEST SNACK? Well, in my personal opinion, it HAS to be the Butterfinger Cupcake available at Starring Roles
It’s a chocolate cupcake with a dense fudge filling thats piled high with fluffy vanilla frosting and a hard chocolate shell that is covered in Butterfinger candy pieces….aka HEAVEN, all for the price of one little snack credit
…And if you happen to be between WDW trips and going through butterdfinger cupcake withdrawal, then try your hand at making your own for a little bit of the Disney Magic at home!
What about you – Where do you like to grab a bite while at Hollywood Studios?
- Disney Foodie Favorites – SNACKS! (chipandco.com)
- Tables in Wonderland:The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Catie (see all)
- Disney World Character Meal Tips with Toddlers - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Disney World with your WHOLE Family - March 14, 2017
- Do it yourself with these Delicious Disney Desserts! - March 14, 2017