Easter is one of the busiest times to visit Walt Disney World, between Spring Break and the Holiday. According to TouringPlans.com, expect Crowd Levels of 10 out of 10 from March 23rd to April 2nd. However, I had no idea there were so many additional activities Disney offered in the week prior or on Easter Sunday.
Here is a preview of what to expect on Easter.
- Meet and Greet with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny-Starts a week prior and on Easter Sunday. At the Gardens near City Hall.
- Easter Pre-Parade-An Easter Themed introduction 15 minutes prior to the 3pm parade. That’s 2:45pm folks!
- Easter Egg Hunts-At the UK Pavilion Garden Maze and Future World Innoventions “Easter Garden”. Additional Easter Activities at the “Easter Garden”
- Meet and Greet with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny-On Easter Sunday only at the UK Pavilion Garden Maze.
- Almost every resort has Easter activities in the week prior to Easter. On Easter itself, expect Egg Decorating, Character Greetings and Easter Egg Hunts. In the Past the Grand Floridian has offered edible Easter Eggs for sale. I will post the 2013 details as they become available.
- Easter Brunch at Epcot World Showcase
- Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort-Easter Buffet Breakfast and Easter Dinner
- Captain’s Grill at the Yacht Club Resort-Easter Brunch
- Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort-Easter Brunch
- The Wave…of American Flavors at the Contemporary Resort-Easter Brunch
- At Contemporary Resort’s Fantasia Ballroom. Catholic Services are at 8am and 10:15 am. Protestant Services will be at 9am. Keep in mind you will not be able to park at the Contemporary, unless you are a Contemporary resort guest. So plan on taking monorail from Walt Disney World
- The Resort and Park Gift Shops will offer Pre-made Easter Baskets for sale.
- Disney Floral and Gifts will have Easter Celebrations and gifts available for delivery.
- In the past you are able to order a “Hop and Drop” where an Easter Basket is delivered to your resort room on Easter Morning
Keep an eye on ChipandCo.com for an update on Easter Happenings as they are released for 2013. We will having dining times, menus and more.
MickeyMom is a mom to two boys, Disney Addict, blogger and Travel Planner. Some days one, most days all!
- Limited Time Magic Continues This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Which Disney Planning Guidebook Is Right For Me? (chipandco.com)
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!