Satellite broadcaster BSkyB ( or ‘Sky’) has announced the creation of a new TV channel just for Disney and Pixar fans. The channel, which is available in the UK and Ireland, is expected to launch on March 28.
Sky Movies Disney will feature both classic movies from Disney and Pixar on the dedicated film channel. This new channel will be in addition to the existing Disney Channel, also available for subscription via Sky and other cable/satellite operators.
Sky Movies Disney will represent the first time that Disney has launched a co-branded linear (non-catchup/on-demand) movie channel anywhere. No only will Disney’s catalog be available on the Sky Movies Disney channel, but will also be available on-demand through Sky Go, which includes viewing on smartphones, tablets and computers.
The Walt Disney Company has been very busy with it’s movie and television department. In December Disney inked a deal with Netflix giving them access to Disney’s first-run films starting in 2016. Disney also acquired Lucasfilm last last year as well.
Makes me wish I lived across the pond!
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- BSkyB Is Launching Its Own Disney Network (businessinsider.com)
- Sky Movies Disney: new channel to show UK TV film premieres (guardian.co.uk)
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014