Tired of the crowds and long lines? Ever wish you can experience Walt Disney World like a VIP? You can! I’ve got five ways for how you can experience some special treatment at WDW; but let’s just keep this between us, okay?
5. Go When Crowds are Low-Many Disney regulars will tell you that the best, and sometimes only, time to visit Walt Disney World is when the crowd levels are low, such as mid-January to Spring Break, post-Spring Break to June, and after school starts to about the second week of December. During these times, the lines are almost non-existent, you find yourself with more time and less stress, and it’s a great feeling not to shuffle through crowds. You really do feel like a VIP! However, many families don’t have the flexibility of being able to travel at the low attendance times; and if you’re one of them, you can still experience what it’s like to have a non-crowded, almost private park! How? For one, I suggest arriving before rope drop at the parks. The parks usually don’t get crowded until an hour or two after opening; and the first hours of the day offer extra experiences and little to no waits. You can also tour the parks at night during one of the fireworks displays and parades. Lines and crowds are fewer because guests are all on Main Street or on the curb waiting for the show! Lastly, if you’re a Disney Resort guest, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours! These are reserved only for Disney Resorts guests and let you get in the parks earlier or stay later.
4. Stay Late-Many Disney guests tend to leave the parks after the fireworks or Illuminations or Fantasmic. Don’t be one of them! Disney will actually let you on an attraction up until the last minute before closing! With this little secret, you may get the chance to be the only one on your favorite ride! So don’t run for the bus, hang back and enjoy the park as it empties to do some shopping and riding, just like a VIP!
3. Stay at a DVC Villa-Many of Deluxe Disney Resorts have a wing for Disney Vacation Club rooms. These rooms come in a variety of sizes, ranging from one room studios to three-bedroom rooms with full kitchens! Not a Disney Vacation Club member? No problem! Disney will let you stay at a villa if they’re not full, or you can even rent points from other DVC owners (just make sure you’re careful about who you rent from!) Staying at a DVC Villa not only gives you the Deluxe experience, but also lets you feel like you’re at home or in a suite like a VIP with your own kitchen, amenities, extra rooms, and more all in a special section of the resort, but with all of the bonuses that Deluxe Disney guests always enjoy! I suggest renting from David’s Vacation Club Rentals!
2. Early Morning Dining Reservation-This is one of my favorite Disney secrets! If you want to experience what it’s like to have the Magic Kingdom all to yourself, book a breakfast reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table or the Crystal Palace before the park opens, the earlier the better. There is a special turnstile at the Magic Kingdom entrance for guests who have these early reservations; and once you’re inside, you find that Main Street U.S.A. is completely empty and all to yourself! It’s truly magical to walk towards the castle without any crowds or strollers in your way; and it’s especially magical to snap those rare perfect shots of Cinderella Castle and the Partners Statue before checking in at your restaurant. If you do finish your meal before park opening, head out into the park! The lands are roped off until the park opens, so you can’t get any early rides, but you can be first to enter the land, and possibly attraction, of your choice!
1. Take a Tour-To really feel like a VIP, and to experience the parks in a special, exclusive way, take one of WDW’s many tours! Most of the tours offer behind-the-scenes experiences to see how Disney makes the magic; and some even give you special rides on some of Disney’s classic attractions! It’s awesome and you really feel like a celebrity. You may even get a special souvenir to commemorate your trip too, but you didn’t hear that from me… One of my favorites is Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the Magic Kingdom. It’s affordable and even gives you a glimpse of the famed Utilidors, the tunnels and workspaces under the park that only Cast Members get to see!
Have you ever taken a Disney Tour? Which one was your favorite? Would you like to experience WDW like a celebrity or VIP?
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot - December 5, 2014
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting Disney World during the holidays - November 29, 2014
- Top 10 Disney World “Must Do’s” - November 27, 2014