Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a popular, deluxe resort at Walt Disney World. Since it opened in 1994, guests have been enjoying this adventurous yet noble resort and all of its offerings. While there is a lot to see, do, and appreciate about Wilderness Lodge, check out my top 5 best things about this fantastic Disney resort!
1. Theme - Part of Wilderness Lodge’s appeal is its Pacific Northwest theme. When you stay or visit Wilderness Lodge, you truly feel as if you have left central Florida for a retreat at one of our nation’s national parks. It’s like two vacations in one! Where else can you experience the wonders of the West in comfort and luxury with a Disney twist!
2. Price - While Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe resort with close proximity to the Magic Kingdom, it typically runs cheaper than the majority of other deluxe resorts. Part of the reason for this is because Wilderness Lodge does not provide monorail transportation and the rooms are smaller in comparison to other deluxe rooms. However, for guests and families on a budget, this resort is a little more economical while still offering the deluxe experience and its benefits.
3. Dining - Wilderness Lodge offers some great dining options! First of all, there’s the Whispering Canyon Cafe. This table service restaurant is quite an adventure with hilarious waiters, stick horse races around the restaurant, and delicious, hearty home-cooked selections! Artist Point is a signature restaurant offering refined, American dishes. Dining here is a luxurious and scrumptious experience; and many consider it a hidden gem in the Disney dining world. Finally, for a quick meal or snack, there’s the Roaring Fork. It’s a mini-food court with seating both indoors and out, great for families on-the-go or on a budget. For more info on Wilderness Lodge dining, check out this post here!
4. Design - Wilderness Lodge was actually designed after the real lodges in the West. The lobby is breathtaking with its giant log columns and beams, 7 story high ceiling, and warm, earthy colors. There’s also a towering fireplace that’s 82 feet tall representing the layers of the Grand Canyon, along with cozy rockers situated nearby. Along with a variety of artwork and historical displays to enjoy, the lobby also holds a bubbling spring that flows under a bridge and out into the resort’s main pool. The rooms here also follow the resort’s design of rugged elegance, as evidenced by the log beds and furniture, rustic light fixtures, and nature inspired artwork.
5. Location - Wilderness Lodge is located on Seven Seas Lagoon, the same lake shared by the Magic Kingdom and other deluxe resorts. The Magic Kingdom is only a short, picturesque boat ride away; and right next door to this resort is Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. You can reach Fort Wilderness by boat or walking trail for more outdoor fun and other dining and entertainment opportunities.
So what do you like about Wilderness Lodge? Comment below and share your experiences!
- Catch an Outdoor Disney Movie at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Visiting the Beaches at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict: Part 2 - May 27, 2014
- Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict - May 26, 2014
- Top 5 Ways to Experience Disney World Like a VIP - May 23, 2014