Wearin’ of the green is encouraged, but not mandatory during the most authentic St. Patrick’s Day celebration in town March 8-10 and 14-17 at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant and across Downtown Disney Pleasure Island. More than 10 top Irish bands will perform on select days during the festivities, with amped up entertainment the second weekend.
At Raglan Road, a true Irish pub with Dublin roots, it’s a “Mighty Festival” that will include Irish bands and professional dancers performing on several stages indoors and out. Also on tap: a mighty selection of beers, food by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon and plenty of St. Patrick’s Day memorabilia.
The spirited week of revelry will gear up March 8-10 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. with performances at Raglan Road by The Willis Clan, a family of artists and musicians who merge their Irish roots with other music genres. Nova Celtic, with its own twist on popular Irish music, will appear on a nearby outdoor stage. Beginning March 14 and 15 from 6 p.m. until 1 a.m., and continuing March 16 and 17 from noon until 1 a.m., a few highlights of the celebration across Pleasure Island will include:
- Performances by The Willis Clan, Girsa, Albannach and world-famous U2 tribute band.
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops Friday through Sunday.
- More than 50 musicians and dancers performing, plus face painting, stilt walkers and giveaways
Guests can order from Raglan Road’s popular food and drink menus throughout the event. The Cooke’s of Dublin counter-service eatery will offer Irish favorites like fish and chips, battered sausages and deep-fried candy bars, and guests will discover additional food offerings across Pleasure Island.
On Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, St. Patrick’s Day, guests will be seated at Raglan Road on a first-come, first-served basis. Access to select entertainment on March 16 will include a $5 cover charge for guests 18 and older; on March 17, cover will run up to $10. Raglan Road reservations can be booked on March 14 and 15 by calling 407/938-0300. For more information visit Disneyworld.com/StPatricksDay.
Sunshine is a Disney fanatic. You will find her counting down the days until she goes back to Disney, while annoying her daughter with all things Disney.
- Downtown Disney’s “Raglan Road” Announces New Sunday Funday Options (chipandco.com)
- Traveling to WDW in March (wdwhints.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave Makes a Splash with MERCYME Taking the Stage March 12th - March 4, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Beer - March 3, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Unveils New Coaster Car: Inspired by Sharks, Engineered for Speed - February 17, 2016