Pirates of the Caribbean
Pirates are almost as much a part of Disney as the princesses! Pirates of the Caribbean is found in Adventureland, and is a Disney “must do”. During a recent refurbishment, Pirates of the Caribbean now features Jack Sparrow toward the end of the ride-singing along and enjoying his pirate bounty!
- Pirates of the Caribbean has an indoor queue, making it easy to wait for in the heat.
- The majority of the ride is dark, but it’s not scary. Some young children may be slightly frightened, but there are so many fun things to look at that they may be easily distracted.
- Be prepared for the 14 foot drop toward the beginning of the ride. After this, you are sailing along the pirate village.
- As you are riding along, you’ll enter the Pirate Grotto, The Fort, Town Square, Burning City, and the Dungeon.
- You can be any height to ride, and the ride lasts about 8 minutes.
If you are riding with young children, have them look for the animals, funny pirates, and Captain Jack peeking out from time to time. This is a Disney classic, and you’ll be singing “Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates’ life for me” all day long!
Quick Tip: Captain Hook, Peter Pan, and Mr. Smee are often in this area for a meet and greet. Be on the lookout for them!
Overall, we give this attraction an “A+”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Three SeaWorld Parks in Orlando Announce Increase to Starting Pay - February 12, 2016
- New Pins coming to Walt Disney World & Disneyland this March - February 11, 2016
- Disney partners with Jamberry to offer new Disney Designs - February 9, 2016