Pirates are almost as much a part of Disney as the princesses! Pirates of the Caribbean is found in Adventureland, and is a Disney “must do”. During a recent refurbishment, Pirates of the Caribbean now features Jack Sparrow toward the end of the ride-singing along and enjoying his pirate bounty!
- Pirates of the Caribbean has an indoor queue, making it easy to wait for in the heat.
- The majority of the ride is dark, but it’s not scary. Some young children may be slightly frightened, but there are so many fun things to look at that they may be easily distracted.
- Be prepared for the 14 foot drop toward the beginning of the ride. After this, you are sailing along the pirate village.
- As you are riding along, you’ll enter the Pirate Grotto, The Fort, Town Square, Burning City, and the Dungeon.
- You can be any height to ride, and the ride lasts about 8 minutes.
If you are riding with young children, have them look for the animals, funny pirates, and Captain Jack peeking out from time to time. This is a Disney classic, and you’ll be singing “Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates’ life for me” all day long!
Quick Tip: Captain Hook, Peter Pan, and Mr. Smee are often in this area for a meet and greet. Be on the lookout for them!
Overall, we give this attraction an “A+”.
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!