The Voyage of the Little Mermaid is located in Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Any Ariel fan will love to see her fairy tale story come to life in this stage show filled with all sorts of Disney magic! Special effects, puppets, and even live characters make this show spectacular! As soon as you enter the auditorium, you’ll feel as if you are “under the sea”. Your’e in for a fun show and a magical story as the lights dim.
- The auditorium can get very dark. If you are traveling with young children who might be scared, try to sit near the back.
- This attraction does utilize the FastPass system. However, your return time is VERY short-about 10 minutes. Keep that in mind when getting a FastPass.
- The show lasts about 17 minutes, and the auditorium holds a large amount of people. Don’t shy away if there is a large crowd in the outdoor queue.
- At the beginning of the show, you’ll be sprayed with a light mist. You might want to warn young children about special effects such as this.
- There is no height requirement, and this attraction will delight everyone in your travel party!
The Voyage of the Little Mermaid is not to be missed! The show features Ursula the sea witch in all her 12 feet tall, 10 feet wide glory, but love overcomes all at the end-of course! As you exit the theater, there typically are not characters in that area. Also, stroller parking is in the center of the Animation Courtyard. If you find it’ s been moved, check there.
Quick Tip: For the best view of the show, seat young children toward the back and on the lap of a grown up. The elevated stage may make it difficult for them to see if you’re too close to the stage.
Overall, we give the Voyage of the Little Mermaid an “A+”.
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!