All Star Resorts
Disney has resort options for every budget. For many families, frequent visitors to Disney, and school groups, the All Star Resorts are great options! The All Star Resorts are located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort Area. You can view maps of each of the three resorts: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, and All Star Music. Each is set up with themed areas, with a few 3 story buildings in each section.
- All rooms have entrance from the outside and thanks to the layout none are too far from the main building or pools. Rooms have internet access (for a fee), cable or satellite TV, refrigerators, in room safe, crib, ironing board, and hair dryers. Most rooms have 2 full size beds.
- Each resort has its own themed store in the main building where you can purchase souvenirs, sundries, and get packages sent from parks.
- Besides pools, each All Star Resort has an arcade, playground area, and giant icons throughout the resort which make great photo ops.
- Each resort has 2 pools- a main larger one and a smaller one tucked away. At All Star Sports the main pool is a Surf theme and the quiet pool a Baseball theme. At All Star Movies the main pool is Fantasia themed while the quiet pool is Mighty Ducks. And at All Start Music the main pool is the Three Caballeros and the quiet pool a Grand Piano Pool.
Tips: Be sure to leave plenty of time for any early reservations for dining- buses leave only an hour prior to park opening which can make pre-opening reservations and reservations at other hotels tricky if you don’t take a cab. Also, if you are looking for a quieter experience at these resorts (which are usually packed with families) then request the buildings farthest from pool (like Herbie the Love Bug rooms at All Star Movies) as they are the least requested and due to the size of the resorts walking straight through is usually not long or difficult each morning.
Dining options are plentiful with all three of these resorts being fairly close to one another. You can find a complete overview of dining at the All Star Resorts here . Each All Star Resort has its own food court which serves meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. The End Zone Food Court at Sports, Intermission Food Court at Music, and World Premiere at Music.
Transportation to any Disney park or waterpark from the All Star Resorts is by Disney bus. For a fun resort, with a lot of theming and great photo ops, the All Star Resorts are great! If you don’t spend a lot of time in your room, and you need to visit Disney on a budget, you should consider these for your stay.
Overall, we give the All Star Resorts an “A”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Three SeaWorld Parks in Orlando Announce Increase to Starting Pay - February 12, 2016
- New Pins coming to Walt Disney World & Disneyland this March - February 11, 2016
- Disney partners with Jamberry to offer new Disney Designs - February 9, 2016