When you go to Disney World, are you go-go-go? Have you ever thought about scheduling a park-free day? There are TONS of things to do to recharge yourself while taking a break from the parks. Here are five things you can do at Disney, without stepping foot into a park!
1. SWIM! All on property resorts have at least 1 themed pool. Value resorts typically have 2 or more pools on property. Some pools have slides for the children, while others have really neat water features. Swimming is a great way to recharge yourself for the rest of your vacation.
2. Head on down to Downtown Disney and explore. There are amazing shops there and there are usually some amazing performers. Downtown Disney is free to go to and you can easily spend more than a few hours there. There are great restaurants like T-Rex Café’, Rainforest Café’ and if you’re in the mood for ice cream, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop can’t be beat! Make sure you stop in the Lego Store to participate in one of their daily activities for kids. My kids love the Lego Store.
3. Resort Hop! Go and check out some of the resorts you have never been to. There are more than 20 resorts on property that you can visit. I recommend going over to the Polynesian and trying a Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge or heading over to The Wilderness Lodge to take a look at the Fire Rock Geyser. The 120 ft. geyser erupts every hour from 7am to 10pm.
4. Head over to Disney’s Contemporary Resort where you can rent a boat, try wakeboarding, go tubing or even try parasailing!
5. Fulfill your lifelong dream of becoming a Nascar Driver! The Richard Petty Driving Experience puts adults in the driver’s seat of a real NASCAR race car for 8 to 10 high speed laps! *Children 6 years and up can participate in a ride-a-long with a trained driver.
When Becca isn’t on the Chip & Co. Pinterest & Facebook pages, she is helping people plan their Very own Disney Vacation! You can email her at Becca@destinationsinflorida for your no-obligation quote! Remember, her services are always FREE!!!
What are some things you do on Park Free Days? Let us know in the comment box below.