Have you heard about the new nighttime spectacular called Harambe Nights at Animal Kingdom? Well it sounds like a must do. This event presents the sights, sounds and flavors of Africa during a dazzling new theatrical production and energetic street party celebrating the 20th anniversary of “The Lion King” classic film.
It happens every Saturday from June 7 through August 9 and it is a special-ticket, after-hours event. Harambe Nights treats guests to a magical evening. Venturing to the Africa section of the park, guests start the evening with a welcome reception featuring refreshing sips and savory bites of African-inspired appetizers. As they head to the Harambe Theatre, guests receive a special package of chef-created “Lion Chow” perfect for the 55-minute theatrical extravaganza, “The Lion King Concert in the Wild.” This original show comprises celebrity narrators, a live orchestra, choir and special effects to present the moving story of Simba’s coming of age like never before.
After the show, guests go back into Harambe Village for a lively street party rocking with Afro-pop rhythms, street performers and an abundant selection of buffet stations with perfectly seasoned dishes for pairing with beers, wines and specialty beverages, and later on desserts. They are all included in the event admission.
Your food an beverage are as follows:
- Durban spiced chicken tenders
- Moroccan beef kefta with tamarind glaze
- Safari cheeseburger roll with tomato curry aioli
- Pickled fennel paneer cheese with tomato
During the Show
- “Lion Chow” – Sea salted pretzel chips, benne crumbles, cardamom candied pecans, golden raisins, dried cherries and candied ginger
Fresh Cooked Breads, Salads and More
- Watercress, melon, feta and berry balsamic onion salad
- Kachumbari salad with tomato, paneer, carrot and cilantro
- Roasted beetroot salad with sunflower seeds
- Spicy vegetable samosa with mango chutney
- Slow-roasted chicken legs
- Traditional naan, onion kucha and pappadum breads
- Roasted pepper hummus, raita and garlic-ginger pickle
- Creamy mac ‘n cheese
Surf and Turf Station
- Line-caught corvina filet with goan curry sauce
- On-stage-seared lamb chops with tamarind pomegranate sauce
- Mango, radish, lime and mustard seed salad
- Watermelon, cucumber and fennel salad
- Coriander chutney roasted potatoes
Slow-cook Action Stations
- Fork-tender peri barbecued pork
- Vegetarian eggplant tikka masala curry served over creamy goat cheese pap
- Butter chicken thighs and vegetarian legume wat served over basmati rice
- Golden pineapple with toasted coconut
- Apple slices with Amarula caramel sauce
- Ripe melon with minted lime yogurt dip
- Rice pudding, dried fruit compote and pistachio gremolata
- Caramel salted Tanzania chocolate Kenya coffee bite
- Chai cream with zebra stripes
- Novelty ice cream bars
- Spice Route Chenin Blanc
- Fairview Goats do Roam Viognier Blend
- The WolfTrap Syrah blend
- Fairview Pinotage
- Tusker Lager
- St. George Ethopian
- Bud Light
- Jungle Juice (Passion fruit, orange and guava juices mixed with rum)
- Simba juice mix (non-alcoholic)
Soft drinks and water will also be available
Harambe Nights takes place every Saturday from June 7 through August 9. The event’s welcome reception begins at 7 p.m. At 7:30 p.m., it’s show time. Tickets are $119 for adults, $79 for ages 3-9, plus tax. Capacity is limited.
For tickets, call 407-939-1319 or visit Disneyworld.com/HarambeNights.
Will you attend the event?
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Celebrate the Epcot Food & Wine Festival at Fulton’s Crab House - August 29, 2015
- Khan Academy launches Pixar in a Box, a behind the scenes look at Pixar Animation Studios - August 28, 2015
- Star Wars Fans Invited to Join Epic Global Event on YOUTUBE - August 27, 2015