Walt Disney World is full of tons of amazing rides and attractions, shows and parades, restaurants and dining experiences – oh, and in case you didn’t know, there are a TON of stores there too! Seriously, there are souvenir shops, stores and carts about every 3 feet in Walt Disney World – and while that may seem like a lot (and it is) – they sell some really awesome stuff, and you can get some great momentos to bring home with you.
You’ve got your standard T-shirts, stuffed animals, Mickey Ear and other assorted hats, light up toys etc – and those are all well and good, but sometimes you want something just for you, not for your kids or something for the family, but a true adult souvenir. Not sure what to pick? Well then read on for my Top 5 WDW adult souvenirs:
1. “Adult Beverageware” – This includes wine glasses, beer glasses, and shot glasses all featuring your favorite Disney characters! From classy etched Mickey designs to assorted shot glasses featuring Park landmarks and characters, they have all kinds of designs to choose from. We like to bring home a shot glass from each place we go – so we have a bunch from Disney of course, but my personal favorite is this “We’re All Mad Here” Alice In Wonderland Design – it matches my tattoo, so it was the perfect choice!
2. Kitchen Accessories – All the bigger WDW souvenir shops have a kitchen section, and there are even Kitchen only stores (like the one at Downtown Disney!) that offer up plenty of ways to Mickey-fy your kitchen. Some personal favorites? A Mickey cookie cutter is a must have, as well as a Mickey hand oven mitt. Tongs, Serving bowls and plates, cutlery, assorted pot holders and trivets, ice cube trays, mugs…the list goes on (and on and on!). If you’re like me and you like to buy souvenirs that you will actually use in your day to day life, this line of kitchenware is the perfect choice – oh and don’t forget to check out the line of coffee and teas too
3. Tech Accessories – There are a huge assortment of accessories for your electronics to choose from at the Disney Parks – Laptop bags/sleeves, Ipad covers and cases, Phone carriers and covers, headphones, and more! The biggest assortment by far is Iphone cases – it’s the most popular choice among Disney guests apparently – with tons of designs and characters to choose from. You’ll also find Ipod cases as well as some for select android devices
4. Jewelry/watches – If there’s one great thing about being an adult its that you tend to appreciate the finer things in life – especially when those things are beautiful Disney jewelry and watches! Probably the best place to check out the Disney collection is at World of Disney in Downtown Disney – they have a whole room full of jewelry. Men’s and women’s watches in every price range (diamonds optional!), costume jewelry (like dangly earrings and flowing necklaces, and the exclusive Disney Alex and Ani line of bracelets!), and then there’s plenty of high end stuff too – gold, diamonds, silver, platinum – it’s all available in the Parks, and it’s all the perfect souvenir for the jewelry lover in your life!
5. Luggage/Purses/Bags – If you plan on buying a bunch of awesome souvenirs to bring home with you, then you may need to purchase a new bag to stash them all in! There are some really nice hardsided Disney suitcases available at many of the larger Park and Resort stores, and the come in both carry-on and larger sizes. There are assorted tote and canvas bags as well, and then there is a large selection of purses – including the exclusive Disney Dooney and Burke and Disney Vera Bradley line too
An honorable mention has to go out to packaged Disney snacks – like bags of Goofy’s Candy Co candy, popcorn, pretzels, etc – these are great to bring home too (if they can make it home without being munched on while waiting at the airport…)
So there they are – my top five adult souvenir choices – if I could I would buy them all on every trip! – but I would love to know what you think – what is your “must have adult souvenir?”
Latest posts by Catie (see all)
- Dressing For Disney – Things To Bring (And Things To Skip!) - August 14, 2014
- Where To Grab A Quick Bite at Disney’s Magic Kingdom - August 9, 2014
- Disney Maternity Clothes – DIY And Where To Buy - July 31, 2014