After enjoying an enchanted time with Belle and the Beast in France, or catching some street performers it’s time to head into a completely different world, Morocco! The land of Princess Jasmine, Aladdin and the Genie.
- You can take a guided tour of the Morocco Pavilion, there is no charge and the times and availability vary. Just check in at the Tangierine Cafe (the tourism office) or ask any CM at the Markesh Kiosk. It’s takes about 20 minutes.
- When Walt Disney World approached the king about joining the World Showcase, he was so thrilled he sent over his men to construct it and even paid for it. It did not cost Disney anything to build it. They brought back 19 designers with them from the king to aid in development.
- The Tower of Terror in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is seen at an angle from the Moroccan pavilion, and the top of the Tower is designed so it blends in with the Moroccan architecture.
- Across from Morocco is an aqua-duct. They use it grow vegetables and plants. Most people will walk right on by without noticing it.
- There is a prayer room made of “gold”. It is open to the general public and any CMs that want to use it.
- During Illuminations when all the countries are lit up, they do not light up the temple here. I would violate their religious beliefs.
- When walking through Morocco, stop and enjoy the beautiful tile mosaics throughout. You will notice that there are flawed, or broken tiles. This is not lack of Disney upkeep, it was planned that way. The Moroccans believe in that only Allah can create something “perfect” so they purposely use a cracked or flawed tile.
- If you look on the Morocco Pavilion walls there are no animated drawings, only squares or other lines, because that is prohibited in Morocco.
Islamic style of art prohibits the representation of any living thing, which is why the designs are all geometric
- In Morocco there is a room full of tiles, but it also holds something else. If you look up and listen closely there are hidden speakers to make it seem like you are in a real market. You can almost make out everything they are saying.
Have you ever wandered through the shops of Morocco and found you had to take home with you? Get a chance to meet Princess Jasmine, Aladdin and the Genie? Did you get to dance the belly dancers? What did you think of the tile mosaics ? Join us next time as we explore the hidden beauties in Japan.
- Epcot’s World Showcase Best Kept Secrets – United Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Epcot’s World Showcase Best Kept Secrets – France (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Erin B (see all)
- Disney Gift Card Transfer Week – Get a FREE Disney Gift Card! - August 21, 2014
- A Celebration of Harry Potter with a magical 3 day event! - August 20, 2014
- You Can Run..You Can Run – Tinkerbell Half Marathon Opens for Registration - August 12, 2014