I recently wrote about the deliciously tropical Lapu Lapu that can be found at ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Resort – and how you can make it at home (yum!). Today, I wanted to go a little more classic, and a little more bright with my DIY Drink – with the Blue Glowtini (a fancy name for a martini with blue Curacao) that can be found at the 50’s Prime Time Café in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here’s the recipe:
1. 1 ounce Skyy Citrus Vodka
2. 0.5 ounce Bols Blue Curacao
3. 0.5 ounce Bols Peach Schnapps
4. 1 ounce Sweet & Sour
5. 0.5 ounce Pineapple Juice
6. 1 each Blue Glow Cube (optional)
1. Build in martini shaker with ice, shake, strain, and pour into glass with sugared rim.
2. Add ice cube
3. Marvel in its beauty as you sip and enjoy
What’s great about the Glowtini is that it’s not too strong, has a little bit of sweet, and best of all – it’s fun to look at! As for the optional glowing ice cube – I have seen these at places like the dollar store, or various other discount stores, mostly around the spring/summer time. With or without that added glow, this drink still packs a punch!
For the kids and other non-alcohol drinkers in your family, fear not – I’ve got a drink for you too – this one is a bit sweeter, and a bit thicker – the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake served up at the 50’s Prime Time Café is like dessert in a cup! Check out the (easy!) recipe:
Yield: 3 3/4 cups (2 milkshakes, or 1 really big milkshake!)
1. 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2. 3 tablespoons grape jelly
3. 1/4 cup milk
4. 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Combine peanut butter and jelly in a small bowl, mixing well
2. Combine milk, ice cream, and peanut butter mixture in container of an electric blender
3. Process mixture until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides
4. Pour into cup, not in between two slices of bread
Maybe you will want to whip up some of the Café’s famous Mom’s Meatloaf or perhaps some of Aunt Liz’s Fried Chicken to go along with your drinks? No matter what you decide to serve alongside them, these drinks will bring you right back to that table where your server told you to “keep your elbows off the table!” and “finish your vegetables!”