Disney World Quick Tips – Miscellaneous Tips I have learned
There is so much to do at Disney World often times we look over little things that could make our visit even more enjoyable. I have learned a thing or two while visiting the parks and while I am sure I could write out articles for every one of these tips I thought it might be better to list them all together.
So here are the miscellaneous Disney Quick Tips I have learned over the years.
- Where you can find the characters plus attractions, entertainment and interactive activities of special interest to young children? Most everything you need is available at Guest Relations in all the theme parks. That is usually our first stop at the parks so we can get buttons and info for our stay.
- Baby Care Centers in all four theme parks feature private rooms with rocking chairs for nursing mothers, diaper-changing rooms, and feeding rooms with highchairs, bibs and plastic spoons. There are even diapers, formula and snacks and more for sale. Great place to cool off with small children too!
- Stroller rentals are available. Rather than lugging a stroller (including on and off of parking lot trams), parents with young children can rent a stroller at the theme parks. We use Kingdom Stroller Rentals as they have the best service and prices! Ask for Matt! Be sure to tell him Chip sent ya!
- Theme park guide maps are available in six languages – English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese. They are available at Guest Relations locations in each park, along with times guides for shows, character greetings, parades and fireworks. These make great collectables too.
- The Guide map for Guests with Disabilities provides a detailed overview of services and facilities available for guests with disabilities and is available at Guest Relations locations within all four parks as well as Lobby Concierge locations at Walt Disney World resort hotels. Types of disabilities covered include mobility disability, hearing disability, visual disability and non-apparent disability.
- Wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) are available for rent at for the convenience of guests with disabilities.
- A length-of-stay rental ticket is available which offers not only savings but also involves a one-time payment transaction after which the guest simply shows the receipt at the stroller rental location and is expedited through the queue with little or no wait time.
- Special dietary requests can typically be accommodated. The Walt Disney World Food & Beverage team is committed to offering a wide range of choices to accommodate guests who require lifestyle dining options, as well as most specific requests from guests with food allergies or intolerances.
- Whether dining at a table-service restaurant or at a quick-service restaurant, desired dining requests will be addressed. In many cases, advance notice is required – usually at the time of your reservation. Please call Disney’s Dining Reservation Center at 407/WDW-DINE to discuss arrangements.
- Disney’s PhotoPass service photographers are stationed at prime photo spots throughout the theme parks. The guest’s Disney’s PhotoPass ID card (issued free) is used by the photo team to keep track of images. The images can be viewed online; guests can order prints, customized photo albums, T-shirts, mugs and more. Additional information is available online by visiting www.disneyphotopass.com.
- Package pickup is available at no charge. Merchandise is moved to package pickup, conveniently located near the front entrance of each park, for guests’ pickup when they are leaving the park. Hotel delivery is available at no charge to guests of Walt Disney World resorts. Purchases made prior to 7 p.m. will be delivered to the guest’s hotel by noon the following day. Purchases made after 7 p.m. will be at the hotel on the second day after purchase. Shipping is available for an additional charge at the time of purchase.
- Lockers are available for rental. They are first come, first served – and quite popular. They are located near the entrance of each park. There are a variety of sizes. If you are park-hopping, you don’t have to pay the locker fee a second time on a day (just a key deposit) provided you keep your receipt.
I hope these tips help. If you have any please let us know in the comment box below.
- Five Things EVERY Adult has the Right to do at Disney World! (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Planning: Picking Non Busy Times to Go (chipandco.com)