Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge gets a new rare and endangered species. Officially names “Somali wild ass” but affectionately known at the lodge simply as “Somalis,” these African ancestors of the domestic donkey features distinctive leg striping ad body coloration.
These animals are rare and critically endangered species. It is believed that less than 1,000 exists in the world. Disney acquired three young brothers and they are now making themselves at home on the Uzima Savanna.
The Somalis being at Disney is a flirty because there are fewer than 50 others on display nationwide. No other zoological institution presents these animals on an expansive, mixed-species savanna, giving Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests a unique opportunity to observe these rare creatures.
- WDW Deluxe Resorts – Why They’re Worth The Cost (chipandco.com)
- The Disney Dining Plan for First Timers (disneydining.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by guest blogging (see all)
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014
- Disney makes it Magical…. - August 5, 2014