Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge gets a new rare and endangered species. Officially names “Somali wild ass” but affectionately known at the lodge simply as “Somalis,” these African ancestors of the domestic donkey features distinctive leg striping ad body coloration.
These animals are rare and critically endangered species. It is believed that less than 1,000 exists in the world. Disney acquired three young brothers and they are now making themselves at home on the Uzima Savanna.
The Somalis being at Disney is a flirty because there are fewer than 50 others on display nationwide. No other zoological institution presents these animals on an expansive, mixed-species savanna, giving Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests a unique opportunity to observe these rare creatures.
- WDW Deluxe Resorts – Why They’re Worth The Cost (chipandco.com)
- The Disney Dining Plan for First Timers (disneydining.com)
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Episode VII Fans Celebrate Rey Day 2016 at Disneyland Park - January 27, 2016
- 10 Disney Souvenirs You’ll Be Glad You Bought - December 30, 2015
- Walt in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps Tour Review - September 4, 2015