Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge gets a new rare and endangered species. Officially names “Somali wild ass” but affectionately known at the lodge simply as “Somalis,” these African ancestors of the domestic donkey features distinctive leg striping ad body coloration.
These animals are rare and critically endangered species. It is believed that less than 1,000 exists in the world. Disney acquired three young brothers and they are now making themselves at home on the Uzima Savanna.
The Somalis being at Disney is a flirty because there are fewer than 50 others on display nationwide. No other zoological institution presents these animals on an expansive, mixed-species savanna, giving Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests a unique opportunity to observe these rare creatures.
- WDW Deluxe Resorts – Why They’re Worth The Cost (chipandco.com)
- The Disney Dining Plan for First Timers (disneydining.com)
Latest posts by guest blogging (see all)
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014
- Disney makes it Magical…. - August 5, 2014