Families of five can find some great resorts to accommodate them at Walt Disney World Resort. While recently booking our resort stay for our upcoming trip, I came across some resorts that can work for families of five, and still be considered “standard rooms”. Suites are nice, as are rooms at the Club Level. However, those aren’t the most cost effective for many families, or they often have double sized beds, which can make it tight for sleeping comfortably after a long day at the parks.
Today I want to share with you Five Disney Resorts for Five Guests.
1. Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort will accommodate up to five guests. This is a great option, as it is priced at the Moderate Resort level, and is a charming resort close to Downtown Disney. The rooms for five are equipped with two queen size beds, and a pull out bunk size bed. If you are traveling with a young child, about up to age 6, who is too big for a pack and play, this is a great option. This option is available for all Standard Rooms at Port Orleans-Riverside, NOT the Royal Guest Rooms. What I love about this resort is its charm. The grounds and landscaping are beautiful, there are great recreation activities here, and it’s just a short ride across the “bayou” to Downtown Disney.
2. The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort are a homey, secluded option for families. These can actually sleep up to six guests. The beds are two double beds and one set of bunk beds. These are priced a bit more than other Moderate Tier resorts, as they come with a fully equipped kitchen. These are a bit more spacious than your typical resort room, with a living area and the kitchen. The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort are also the home to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue-one of the most fun dinner shows on Disney property. For families who choose to opt out of the Disney Dining Plan, the Cabins-with the fully equipped kitchen and close proximity to Magic Kingdom park-can make for easy dining at “home”.
3. Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts are all located in the Boardwalk area of Walt Disney World Resort, is a Deluxe Tier resort with rooms for families of five. These resorts are a very short walk to EPCOT and a quick boat ride to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The rooms are equipped with two queen beds and a day bed for families of five. One great thing about these three resorts is their location. They are right in the middle of the fun of Disney’s Boardwalk area. Street performers, surrey rides, and Beaches and Cream are all within steps of these resorts. These are great options if you are interested in taking breaks during the day, as they are very close to several parks and all have super cool pools.
4. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is located right across from Magic Kingdom. This is considered a monorail resort, and will get you to Magic Kingdom and the TTC lickety split. The Grand Floridian is also a Deluxe Tier resort, so the cost per night will be quite a bit more than others. However, it does support families of five in standard rooms. There are two queen beds and a day bed in their rooms. The day bed can comfortably sleep a toddler or preschooler, as well as a teenager.
5. Disney’s Contemporary Resort is also located on the monorail, a short ride from the Magic Kingdom. This resort is also a Deluxe Tier resort, but will accomodate families of five in a standard room. Again, it is equipped with two queen beds and a day bed-much like it’s neighbor the Grand Floridian. Being so close to Magic Kingdom and the TTC via the monorail, the Contemporary Resort offers a lot of options for your park touring plans as well.
As a family of five, it’s not impossible to find a resort to fit your family comfortably. Thankfully, there are standard room options available to those of us who travel with five family members, outside of having to make a reservation for a suite or a room at the club level. How do you accomodate your family of five on a Disney vacation?
- Walt Disney World Resort Refurbishments Update for April 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Walt Disney World Resort Turns Up the Romance During “True Love” Week All Part of Limited Time Magic (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Carrie (see all)
- Disney Lingo – Do You Speak It? - January 15, 2015
- 10 Adult Only Must Dos at Walt Disney World - December 29, 2014
- Around the Universe-Exciting New Happenings at Universal Orlando Resort - July 16, 2014