Yes, a Disney World Vacation can be expensive, but Disney does a great job of allowing families of all sizes and budgets to have a great time! There are all sorts of ways to cut down costs at the Parks, but maybe the most beneficial to your wallet is having the ability to pack your own cooler!
That’s right, Walt Disney World actually allows you to bring a cooler into the Parks, which is something not all theme parks allow you to do. This is a HUGE money saver, especially when a coke will run you close to $3.00.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when packing your cooler for Walt Disney World:
- Your cooler must be soft sided and smaller than 24″ X 15″ X 18″ which happens to be the size of a locker at Walt Disney World.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted into the Parks at any time!
- No glass containers are allowed inside the Parks, with the exception of baby food jars.
- Coolers with wheels are not permitted into the Parks.
- does not allow anyone to bring in coolers of any kind, except for medical purposes, for the safety of the animals. Animal Kingdom also does not allow juice boxes or drinks with lids into the park for the same reason.
- Upon entering the Parks, you must get your cooler inspected at the bag check locations.
Also, keep in mind when you are packing a cooler to take to Walt Disney World that there is no place to heat anything up. Everything that you pack should be okay to serve cold, chilled, or room temperature. Remember that Florida can get very hot, even inside a cooler, so try to pack items that wont spoil in the Florida sun.
Pack anything your family would enjoy, from snacks to a full blown afternoon picnic and save your family a little extra souvenir money and maybe make a memory or two!
Do you bring a cooler? If so what are some of the things you like to bring with you?
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!