Try at Disney Tour – Wild Africa Trek
Looking for new adventures in 2013? Disney has you covered, of course! Disney Animal Kingdom’s Wild Africa Trek takes Guests up close, into, and over animal habitats like no other attraction in the Park.
Guests experience close encounters with exotic wildlife deep in the Pangani Forest on this privately guided expedition. A modified zip line dangles 10 feet above massive hippos. Rope bridges sway over the crocodile-filled Safi River. VIP safaris cross open savanna teeming with creatures native to the African plains. An exclusive safari camp provides incredible views of everything from giraffes to rhinos. It’s an exciting African excursion in the safe confines of Walt Disney World Resort!
This 3-hour journey requires not only paid Park admission but also an extra $189.00-$249.00 per person. There are a few things you should know before you go.
Per Disney Parks:
- WARNING: For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure; heart, back or neck problems; motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not participate.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years of age or older).
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older and at least 48 inches (122 cm) tall.
- Participants must be between 45 and 310 lbs. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating.
- You must have physical stamina, comfort with heights, and the surefootedness to negotiate small hills, foliage and unsteady rope bridges on this tour. Guests seeking a less strenuous or wheelchair-accessible trek should contact Wild Africa Trek operations at (407) 938-1373 for alternative programs.
- Recommended attire includes shorts or pants and a comfortable shirt. Closed-toe shoes with a back strap or hiking boots are required. No flip-flops will be allowed. Skirts or dresses are not recommended.
- Complimentary lockers for your belongings will be provided. You will also receive a safety vest and wireless headset so that you can hear your guide at all times. Cameras are allowed as long as they can be securely fastened to the vest.
- Please arrive on time and allow approximately 10 minutes for the walk from the turnstiles at the front of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park to the Harambe area check-in location.
- Excursion occurs rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather or lightning.
- Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
- You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
Guests are permitted to carry small personal items, such as cameras and cell phones, as long as they can be securely attached to gear provided, but backpacks are not permitted. A Disney-trained photographer tags along to capture memories throughout the experience and to provide Guests digital copies of the photos on CD as part of the ticket price. And as if your trek weren’t memorable enough, you’ll receive a complimentary souvenir and be served a morning or afternoon snack as well!
The adventure is offered daily, rain or shine, with no more than 12 trekkers per group, ages 8 and up. Call (407) WDW-TOUR to book a reservation. If already onsite, stop by the Wild Africa Trek podium in Africa’s Harambe to arrange your adventure.
Jodi Whisenhunt is the author of MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE: Learn While You Play at Walt Disney World Resort, and operates a blog by the same title. Her book is available for purchase at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and CreateSpace. (Kindle and Nook versions also available.) Come, think outside the textbook and stretch the walls of your home classroom with Walt Disney entertainment!
- Sometimes You Just Want a Night In Away from the Walt Disney World Parks (chipandco.com)
- “Limited Time Magic” Begins at Disney Parks (chipandco.com)