What is a Disney Pin Code and How do you get one?
People ask me all the time what is a Disney Pin Code? The second question in that sequence is usually How do I get one? While the first question is pretty easy the 2nd one takes a little work, but here goes…
A Disney Pin Code is a special discount Disney sends to you to entice you to book a Disney Vacation. Most Pin Code deals start rolling out when Disney is running a special promotion (like now). Usually the deals are better than the offers that are out there to make it hard not to want to book a vacation. I know the ones I have received in the past have been room-only discounts, room upgrades or free dining offers.
Keep in mind with these special discounts that Disney sends out at random they are stickily for YOU! They come with a special code at the bottom that only you can use.
I have yet to figure out WHO or WHY people receive them. For the longest time I thought it was people who haven’t been to Disney in a while. But that was debunked by some friends that goto Disney all the time. While there is no sure-fire way to get a Disney Pin Code I am going to offer up a few tricks I have done that I think has nabbed me several Disney Pin codes in my email & snail mail box over the years.
- Head over to the Disney World or Disneyland site and create an account. My suggestion would be create and account for yourself and then one for your spouse, partner, kids, etc. Just so long as you can get to the email account. I did one for my work email @chipandco.com and one for my gmail account.
- Order a Disney Planning DVD. If you goto the links about you will see a graphic where you can order one. I do this every year. It’s free and doesn’t cost you a thing. When you get it make up some popcorn and have a fun Disney Family Night watching it.
- Play around on the Disney sites. Create a vacation and save it. Browse deals and offers. Just make sure your logged in. Disney monitors all the things you do on their site so believe they are watching you.
- Register for Giveaways. I post a lot of Disney Giveaways on the Chip and Company site so be sure to enter them and again make sure you are logged in. Just bookmark the Chip and Co site and check back with us daily.
- Book your vacation through Disney. In the past I booked our vacation online on the Disney World website myself. While I love Authorized Disney Travel Agents and even listed Why you should use one, sometimes I try to mix things up and do it myself. Not sure if this works but I would imagine you would be in their database somewhere.
- Disney’s Photopass. Make sure you have an account there as well. I highly recommend using this free service at the parks and make sure you use a valid email address for your account. You know the Disney Marketing Machine has to share emails between its other departments.
- Become a fan on Facebook & Twitter. Pretty much any place you can follow Disney do it. Oh and don’t forget us!
- Sign up for Disney Movie Rewards. Not only do you get to earn point for prizes, they also offer some great sweepstakes to enter.
- Inquire about the Disney Vacation Club. Next time you are at Disney stop by one of the booths and check them out. I know many times you will get something for free if you check them out. One day we will have the money to signup but for now we just dream about becoming a member.
- Be patient. While you may not get one right away just keep plugging away. Eventually you might get one.
I know for me it has taken several years to get one but now they come in pretty regular. I would say on average we get them once a year. I know some people get more but it’s nice to get that letter in the mail offering the Chip and Co family a really good deal on our next Disney Vacation.
- Chip and Co Pick Your Prize Disney Giveaway (chipandco.com)
- 2013 Walt Disney World Vacation Discounts Released! (chipandco.com)