At the D23 Expo, Disney Interactive unveiled the latest additions to its lineup of Disney Infinity, the company’s largest gaming initiative to date, set to hit stores on August 18. The newly announced Toy Story in Space Play Set, featuring Buzz, Jessie and Woody, will become the sixth play set for Disney Infinity and is scheduled to be released in October. The company also announced the next wave of playable characters for the Disney Infinity Toy Box mode, including Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey, and characters from Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen and Phineas and Ferb.
These new character figures will be rolled out beginning this October, through 2014.
Toy Story in Space Play Set:
Toy Story in Space will be the sixth play set to be released in October and features Buzz and Jessie in the play set pack, with Woody sold separately. Players can go on a space adventure with the Toy Story gang as they help to relocate the Pizza Planet Aliens to a new world. The Toy Story in Space play set introduces hoverpacks, jetpacks, laser blasters, goo blasters, new mounts and more into the Toy Box mode.
Toy Box Characters:
The newest character figures will be playable in the Toy Box mode and will also come with their own “Adventure.” Players can invite friends to play through Adventures with them, with two players on split-screen or four players online.
- Just in time for Halloween: Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- The first Disney Princess to be introduced into the Disney Infinity line-up: Rapunzel, from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled”
- Video game characters from a movie within a video game: Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Wreck-It Ralph”
- The first Disney Channel characters to be showcased in the Toy Box: Phineas and Agent P from the Disney Channel’s “Phineas and Ferb”
- Keeping it cool: Anna and Elsa from the upcoming Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Frozen”
- Leader of the pack: Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave Makes a Splash with MERCYME Taking the Stage March 12th - March 4, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Beer - March 3, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Unveils New Coaster Car: Inspired by Sharks, Engineered for Speed - February 17, 2016